B. thamnobates at Dragon Strand (image heavy!)

DeremensisBlue

Chameleon Enthusiast
Site Sponsor
I have wanted to work with Bradypodion thamnobates for many years and with the recent changes that have allowed legal exports of CB specimens the opportunity presented itself. The following images chronicle the two pair of Nottingham B. thamnobates brought in by Steve McNary of Chameleons International and produced by Seth Brendenkamp of Atmosphere Chameleons in South Africa.

Earlier this year I received 2.2 B. Thamnobates. I was pleased to receive what I consider the "classic" Nottingham yellow flank color male and a peach color variation. Note, the designation "classic" is purely my subjective label based on the pictures I have seen and personal assumptions made.

Male%20Classic%20Thamnobates_zpsrnay7shw.jpg

Thamnobates%20male%20close%20up%201024_zpsaalnxtsq.jpg

The females started off brownish color, but would soon blow my mind with patterns and colors...
Thamno-shot%201024_zpsrezeumb6.jpg

It was soon apparent that I was going to need some new baby cages set up.
Very%20Gravid%20Thamnobates%201024_zpsbjknd8tg.jpg

And I was treated to some incredible patterns in the females around the time of birthing
Gravid%20Female%20Thamnobates%201024_zpsnqdpzjel.jpg

Female%20thamnobates%20colors%20after%20birthing%201024_zps0yuyzdh7.jpg

And on Aug 12 the reward was wonderful! I love the detail in their sides!

Day 1
Baby%20thamnobates%20on%20birthday%201024_zpseikjacsp.jpg

Day 2
Two%20day%20old%20Thamnobates%201024_zps5ppybiss.jpg

Day 3 Notice the little beard coming in? Here's your daily dose of cuteness. You're welcome :)
Baby%20Thamnobates%203%20days%20old%201024_zpsyfnyq9um.jpg

The next day, on Aug 13, a second unrelated litter was born. Mine are just two of the litters being born in the US around this time. It is an exciting time for us in the chameleon community to be able to have F2 bloodlines to use to establish this species. The babies have proven to be strong and healthy and have had no trouble chowing down on M. hydei fruit flies. Considering how hardy this species is I would suggest that anyone who is thinking about trying out a more "rare" species of chameleon come straight to B. thamnobates. This is truly a jewel for us and we are fortunate to have this opportunity to work with them!

Three%20Day%20old%20Thamnobates_zpsumvjxryg.jpg

Alright Bill! I didn't know you were even interested in this species, they have always been on my radar. I hope you're going to keep several babies from both clutches, from my understanding the babies can turn out to be one of the several color morphs no matter what the parents exhibit. You'll have to keep us posted on this. Again, congrats!

Bill,

Congratulations on your and their success!!!

I couldn't be happier to finally see this species being established in the US!!!

Congrats again!

T

I am always happy for you having babies. You enjoy babies almost as much as I do. I am sure they will all do well with you. Congrats, and keep the pictures coming.

They are beautiful, thanks for sharing! They are definately on my chameleon "bucket list", someday, but I love watching them slowly become established here in the States for the meantime.

Bill,

any updates on the baby B thamnobates?

I hope the continue to do well for you and wouldnt mind seeing some pics.

cheers,

T

Back
Top Bottom