AZ reptile show Feb 14-15

Vegas Chad

Avid Member
Looks like Darci and I and going to take the Tiki Tiki family on a road trip to Mesa, AZ.

This is going to be a much smaller show than we normally do, however we have been wanting to do one in AZ for a long time and the timing on this one looks like it will work out well for us. We should have some nice animals and supplies for sale.

As always, don’t forget if you come to the show and get something at our booth make sure you tell us you are from the cham forum for a discount and or free item. :)

For more info check out the shows site: http://www.azreptileshow.20m.com (sorry, I know it is really bad, haha:eek:)

What the....

There's a slight 20% chance that we're going to do this show also. I'm fighting it. Long story.

I ~plan~ to have silk and horn worms, but ill have to see about that... I hope that mulberry farms will have them available this time for me. We will have some roaches and cricket crack to feed em if nothing else.

intresting. well gents i must say, if predator reptiles is there, do not purchase anything from them. christian is pretty scummy guy.

i look forward to seeing you guys, its coming around the corner pretty quick

Not sure if it's the same Christian, but there was a guy (a vendor) there named Christian when I did this show back in 2005 that was constantly picking up on the girlfriend that I had there with me. Basically right in front of me, he was asking her out to dinner. She just laughed at him, and I finally stepped in front of him and reminded him of the obvious - that she was there with me (she was working in my booth, with my Bluebeast shirt on - I didn't understand this guy). I don't remember what company he was with, but he wasn't off to a good start with me LOL.

Still don't know if I'm going. I promised myself that I would never go back to this show, and I have very little to sell this time, being a slow time of year for tortoises. I'm being pulled there by a few people, just keep telling myself that the numbers don't work in my favor.

that sounds ruff tyler. if it isn't financially positive, id pass on it too. at most id be buying feeders/feeder gutload and such.

i have a friend that kinda wants a spurred tortoise.

Christian kaleta, predator reptile center, gilbert rd AZ. thats him... anyways i went to his store, it was probably the same size as my bedroom, the first problem i noticed was the odor. animals kept crowded/bunched together, overall poor conditions. the guy is pretty sleezy.

It was just a bad show last time I did it in 2005. I hope it's gotten better since then, but I left pretty irritated after the last one. It's a small show on top of my not having a heck of alot to sell right now.

On the bright side for your friend, there will likely be TONS of baby spur thighs there, and they'll likely be cheap. I sold my last baby spur thigh today, and only have some bigger ones (4-5") until this summer.

I don't think I'd lose money by doing it since there's low costs involved in the show (I can stay with one of a few friends I have there), but I don't really want to drive 5-6 hours each way to spend a weekend there making a grand or two in sales (which after costs, would be about 30-40% of that in actual profit). I'd be more financially productive sitting at home updating my website. I've been e-mailing the promoter back and fourth about me doing it.... I haven't heard back from him yet with the info I was requesting, so I'm slowly pulling the plug on it.... Have fun, Chad!

Last edited:
to be honest tyler, all of the petstores, and other breeders of snakes i know out here, they said no one is really buying. im not a merchant in reptiles, so i don't know what would be good, what would be bad.

even at the actual reptile expo, i thought it was fairly small in comparison to the bird expos they used to have out here. and even alot of the vendors there were having what looked like trouble moving there animals.

I ~plan~ to have silk and horn worms, but ill have to see about that... I hope that mulberry farms will have them available this time for me. We will have some roaches and cricket crack to feed em if nothing else.

That would be wonderful, because I can't get them here. It would be awesome to have someone in Arizona who raises all these feeders.

lyndra, occasionally pets inc in tempe has them, it all depends on when they get there shipments of crickets, they usually only have about 10 cultures..but i think you are better off ordering them from online sites... or at this show.

I've purchased roaches there but haven't seen silkies or horn worms. I usually order pretty much everything online, but I hate those shipping charges. They are what makes this hobby so expensive.

Yes, well hopefully we will have the worms this time. He has told us that it shouldn't be a problem but we just have to wait until closer to the show to know for sure. But we are looking forward to getting to AZ either way. Even if it's not a huge show this time, we always have fun. And we have a lot of family down there we've been wanting to get down to see so it'll work out nicely! See you there! :)

Back
Top Bottom