Awsome new cage!!!!

Was it extremely expensive to make.? And did you post what you did for drainage.? I need ideas for my drainage ideas.

All I payed for was the hood, the screen and a few bucks for our finish guy to stain and spray it. I made it outta some materials that was left over from some other jobs:D Like I mentioned before... Only the dripper catch has a drain... I dont pump tons of water thru my cage,,, I lightly mist often,, & the cage drys before the next mist. The humidity stays up & he drinks from his dripper..... NEVER EVER had a dehydration problem with the chams ive had;) Never gave 1 a shower....:confused: feel free if you have any more questions;) Dave

Ahhh...okay. what's your misting schedule.?

I was thinking of having a plastic tub at the bottom of mine with a couple holes drilled on the bottom to let the water fall into a drip tray. Would that work okay.?

Ahhh...okay. what's your misting schedule.?

I was thinking of having a plastic tub at the bottom of mine with a couple holes drilled on the bottom to let the water fall into a drip tray. Would that work okay.?

I mist every 1 1/2 hr for 30-45 seconds... Just enough to dampen things.

Dude! Now that is what I'm talking' about

Your craftsmanship is over the top and has all the wonderful delights needed to house a gorgeous creature. Can't wait to see your cham living in his new digs.
:D Absolutely beautiful and I, too, WANT ONE!
Sorry for dupe was trying to correct typo

Last edited:
Dude! Now that is what I'm talking' about

Your craftsmanship is over the top and has all the wonderful delights needed to house a gorgeous creature. Can't wait to see your cham living in his new digs.
:D Absolutely beautiful and I, too, WANT ONE!

Anne....
I keep lookin but dont see um?:confused:

Wanting...
I will post some pics after he is settled a day or 2.... I think he is lost in there...:rolleyes:

Here is how I found Ernie when I got home from work..... Looks as though he is settled in just fine. Tossed in a few freshly dusted crix & a super or 2. He seems to have found his paths to his new world... He was all over,, getting those suckers. he had his usual dark basking suit on ..... soaking up all the great Arcadia UVB:D He also took a big healthy dump on his new Moss Mat:eek:

I posted a pic of the setup inside the cabinet in case someone wanted to see;)..... Everything is up... in case there may be a leak sometime.

Attachments

• King of the jungle 014.jpg
    King of the jungle 014.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 158
  • King of the jungle 016.jpg
    King of the jungle 016.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 164
  • King of the jungle 023.jpg
    King of the jungle 023.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 153
Fabulous! I see your cham is all moved in! Also the Formica, how does it attach to help with the humidity? Did you place two pieces together to have two nice sides on the same wall? Great work!

Fabulous! I see your cham is all moved in! Also the Formica, how does it attach to help with the humidity? Did you place two pieces together to have two nice sides on the same wall? Great work!

The formica removable side panels are 2 sided 1/2" particle board. So yes they are nice on both sides. They are just a snug fit in the oak frame work. I in fact am not useing them at this time. I just bumped up my misting times a tad. So its open 3 sides. The back panel stays so you dont see cords and hoses.

Last edited:
How much would one of those cost if I wanted one....?

I cant say for sure.... The company I work for didnt charge me for materials:D You could get an estimate from a local cabinet shop. Im sure it would be out of my budget if I had 1 made for me:eek:These guys make some nice stuff..... www.cagesbydesign.com Thier stuff makes mine look rinky Dink . I could make stuff this nice if I had the time.

Last edited:
The formica removable side panels are 2 sided 1/2" particle board. So yes they are nice on both sides. They are just a snug fit in the oak frame work. I in fact am not useing them at this time. I just bumped up my misting times a tad. So its open 3 sides. The back panel stays so you dont see cords and hoses.
Thank you Dave, I think you have made a lot of folks envious. I keep trying to talk DH into a cham, but he keeps thinking BUGS... And in Colorado we don't have many - coming from FL where there were a bazillion. the cages by design folks do great work, but yours.... well just call me "wanting"

Back
Top Bottom