Avoiding weight on top mesh of cage

Dutt7

Just curious on what tips and tricks anyone may have on how to avoid the weight of dome lights on the top mesh of a screened cage?

I have the linear uvb so the weight of that sits on the actual frame.

But I have a basking dome light along with another dome just for mist nozzle (really light) and the mesh still bows slightly in the middle which I do not like.

I don’t want to raise it higher but looking for quick ideas to brace the top or for something that may redistribute the weight.

Any ideas?

I have this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D1BUJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just drill holes in the plastic plate that hooks to the frame of the cage and use self tapping screws to secure it. This is how I installed it on mine.

basking hooked in2.JPG basking hooked in3.JPG

For the time being, I rigged up some angle iron to get the weight off the mesh. Here is how it looks

Attachments

• B2F896EA-72DD-428B-B30E-8BBE897D0934.jpeg
    B2F896EA-72DD-428B-B30E-8BBE897D0934.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 129
I stole Jame’s setup and use a wire shelf as well. I found a place online that sold them for like $20 for a 4x6 piece

Its useful for also strapping down mist heads.

View attachment 245311View attachment 245312
Nice! Any link to where you got it?

Ordered a jungle dawn spotlight and need to rearrange the top of my cage.

Probably will remove rain dome and put mister in cage.

And hoping to get rid of plant bulb that was being used as basking lamp. Color is terrible and hoping to get more light in the 5500-6500k spectrum

Yep. They can get low enough to touch the screen which will still create a nice mist pattern, but it also creates rain drops and a drip effect that I like
I obviously already have all my stuff set up, but my cousin has been seriously considering getting a cham after seeing Pesto and my set up :love: so we will probably build her a cage and we will for sure keep this in mind

Back
Top Bottom