Avisitor...

Thanks, Matthew. I know that many animals, reptiles in particular, will do that perk before they die. I suspected that things weren't quite right last night... he smelled bad, and I thought he had an infection of some sort. But, I was hopeful the baytril would head it off. Too late.. should have started the antibiotics right after surgery. Lots of things were too late about this, the first being that the owner didn't bring the animal into the clinic for a full 10 days.

You are right, though.. I did do my best for him. And, I would and will do it again. I have done rehab before with raptors and there is a real joy and satisfaction in seeing an injured or sick animal recover. The hardest part is that not all of them make it.

I will hold onto this new bulb I ordered though.. it may come in handy one day soon. My town has 2 really crappy pet stores that pump out reptiles and bad information.

Heika

Sorry to hear that Heika, I know you made his last few days the best they could be and you did everything you could.

awwww I'm soooo sorry Heika. I know you did every you could for him and I think unfortunately there was just too much damage already done.

R.I.P. beardie buddy

Back
Top Bottom