AutoMisting Warm Water?

Riktor Scale

Just purchased an auto misting system for the first time. I always have hand misted. I feel like the water is cold and need to be warmer but the unit doesn't heat up the water inside. Are there any kind of heat packets you can apply to the side? Similar to ones you would use with a colony?:confused:

The hottest water I produced, still came out of the mist heads at best, a little warmer.

IMHO, not worth the effort, my water is room temperature, which is fine...

the aquarium heater would work, however, I personally was too paranoid of bacteria or mildew growing in my AZ reservoir to put a heater in there. But, my house is quite warm anyway.

Just purchased an auto misting system for the first time. I always have hand misted. I feel like the water is cold and need to be warmer but the unit doesn't heat up the water inside. Are there any kind of heat packets you can apply to the side? Similar to ones you would use with a colony?:confused:

Just a little reminder...if you test the water temp with your hand its going to feel cool or cold because YOUR hand temperature is in the mid 90s. What feels cold to you may not to a herp who has a much lower body temp. The water in your mister reservoir will stabilize at room temp eventually. I used to try heating my mister reservoir but didn't keep up with it. Didn't seem to matter much to the chams as long as they were not getting sprayed directly. If I hand spray them from close range for drinking I do use hot water.

Back
Top Bottom