Automatic cricket feeder

I was wondering if anybody knew of any good automatic cricket feeders. I have been looking for a long time and cannot find one. Thanks!

Not sure it exists. There are cricket cups and stations, they work well, but no automatic feeders that I have heard of.

Some people have tried the automatic dog feeders but the bugs end up moving from container to container and you don't get even distribution if at all.
I use the chameleon Shooting Gallery Feeder when I go out of town. I put in supers or silks which I know will go the first day and some crickets that go the second and dubia after that. I put a large piece of carrot, sweet potato or bell pepper to keep them gut loaded. I only have a petsitter in every 4-5 days to refill the feeder and check the misting system and lights. https://tkchameleons.com/collections/accessories/products/shooting-gallery

Some people have tried the automatic dog feeders but the bugs end up moving from container to container and you don't get even distribution if at all.
I use the chameleon Shooting Gallery Feeder when I go out of town. I put in supers or silks which I know will go the first day and some crickets that go the second and dubia after that. I put a large piece of carrot, sweet potato or bell pepper to keep them gut loaded. I only have a petsitter in every 4-5 days to refill the feeder and check the misting system and

lights.
https://tkchameleons.com/collections/accessories/products/shooting-gallery

Thanks

Like @JacksJill said people have tried different types of contraptions but none seem to work the way we would like for them to. But that’s part of being a chameleon keeper plus if they did have one you probably wouldn’t have the best quality feeders because they wouldn’t be gut loaded the way we should be offering our chams.

The shooting gallery sucks if you have loose screening (such as in my home built viv) and the crickets will eat through mesh screening. In my experience.

I use the chameleon Shooting Gallery Feeder when I go out of town. I put in supers or silks which I know will go the first day and some crickets that go the second and dubia after that. I put a large piece of carrot, sweet potato or bell pepper to keep them gut loaded. I only have a petsitter in every 4-5 days to refill the feeder and check the misting system and lights. https://tkchameleons.com/collections/accessories/products/shooting-gallery

If you build your own cage I highly recommend using aluminum screen or the crickets and some other feeders will eat their way out of your cage usually in the back corners. You do have to install the gallery firmly against your aluminum screen. It doesn't do well on glass or plastic walls for obvious reasons. I find they hold crickets better than any other feeder run/cup I built or bought.

My local petsmart (the only place locally I can get crickets or other feeders) have little boxes where they come out only a few at a time. Seemed to work fairly ok but it's not an everytime thing since they're not gutloaded.

Back
Top Bottom