Ate a Grasshopper!

Hey Pepe,

Here (http://www.chameleonjournals.com/husbandry) is a good site with some great ideas for feeders. At the bottom of the page is a chart with suppliers listed. It isn't entirely up to date, but it is still a good reference for finding less common feeders. The website also discusses gutloading WC insects for feeding. Another great reference is a book called "Thoughts for Food" published by the CIN. You can find copies of it on Ebay sometimes, and I have seen it for sale on some of the chameleon websites as well.

Heika

Edited to add the site.. duh... :D

Last edited:
Jordan said:
They have started this weird "quarinity" thing in my county and in all of east Tennessee. They are trying to stop the fire ants so nothing around here is safe to feed to chameleons. The local goverment actually thinks that they can do it (hahahahahahahahaha).

Please post a link or cite a newspaper that gave you this info about widespread East TN pesticide use. It's kind of a broad statement to say "all" of E TN, it is a pretty large and rural place. I know no pesticide use occurs on my property. Are you implying that the government is dispensing it by cropduster/spraying? I live here and I have heard nor read anything about this campaign.

Thank you,

Kristina

It was on the front page of The Daily Times in Maryville, Tennessee about two weeks ago, I believe it was the saturday or sunday edition. I did not say what kind of method they where using to eradicate them. The fact is if it were not public funding no would have know about it at all. If you recall correctly there was an outbreak of this thing call the west nile virus two years ago. Tennessee had the second most reported cases. On the news then they were showing these trucks riding around spraying fumes in the air to control the mosquitoes population. It was on the world news almost every night for a couple months. Two years later they are still doing it, I do not see it on t.v. any more but I have in person. They do it around rivers, creeks, lakes, and any low level spot where water is retained on a regular basis. Ride around out here in the morning at the beginning of spring and into mid summer you will see these trucks eventually. These ants live in colonies just like other ants. The may difference is they reconize the different colonies with the same species of ants as friendly which would lead me to believe that a rather large campaign would have to be waged in order to even try to make a dent. The main concern I would think and the article touched on this would be the Smokey Mountain Park if they get in there a lot of species of reptiles, birds, mammals and other insects will not survive their wrath. My concern is they are not making public what kind of chemicals are being used, the amounts that they are using and what possible future implications this may have on the enviroment around here as a whole. There are radioactive rivers around here from some of their brilliant ideas before I am not to trusting of what they are doing but no one in the world has an answer for how to stop these ants.

Back
Top Bottom