Assembly moth ok to feed?

ElmerH305

680DAA2B-C20C-466F-96D4-E08B35123378.png
Hello guys this morning I found a moth had followed me in after taking the dogs out. Told it, you’re gonna regret that and caught it, used a bug identifier app to identify and the picture it provided looked pretty spot on. My picture is the top one. It’s tiny, would it be safe to feed to my one and half year old panther? He lovesss black soldier flies

There is no right answer here... I googled them nothing came up specific to them being toxic... But your worry is also does this moth feed off toxic plants that would in turn make it toxic. Has it been exposed to pesticides and so on. So it is your choice basically when you feed wild caught insects to weight the risks.

Feels kinda cool to provide a new bug for him of course I wouldn’t want to cause him any harm, don’t live in a fancy neighborhood so who sprays pesticides not sure..what would you do?

Feels kinda cool to provide a new bug for him of course I wouldn’t want to cause him any harm, don’t live in a fancy neighborhood so who sprays pesticides not sure..what would you do?
I don't feed anything wild caught. I do not live out in the country where pesticide risk is low and I do not know enough about entomology to know what something feeds off of and if it would then be toxic or poisonous to a cham eating it.

So this is what I do. Others do feed wild caught bugs. But most take the time to go out where pesticide risk is very low and look up details about the insect they catch to gauge the risk.

There are certain insects like lady bugs and lightening bugs that are toxic if a cham eats them.

Back
Top Bottom