Asking prayers for my husband.

lovepicasso

Steve lives in more pain than most people can imagine, he had a career in pro football and with that has had many surgeries, cancer 3 times and beat it every time and because of all of this he is now immune to most all pain meds and the ones he is not immune to, he is allergic to......he now has 5 ruptured disc in his back and can not have surgery on that because of only having one kidney, so doctors will not operate, he suffers headaches every night and after 3 total knee replacements has terrible arthritis and is unable to take any arthritis meds... the prayers are that he will be able to have a pain pump implanted into his body and that they will find the pain meds that will work, he sees the pain clinic doctor Wed., and hopefully they will do the surgery soon after......thank you all.

Wow. The agony he must be in. Will he get any of the cash/settlement that the NFL approved in the Collective Bargaining Agreement?

I wont pray for you, but Ill give you some info that may help.

He cant be immune to pain meds, just allergic. They can have a reduced effect over time though.(opiates)

Try talking to your doctor about Gabapentin, or similar medication. It may help some if other meds have failed.

Dont give up, and try multiple doctors if you hit a wall.

Good luck...

My family will definitely keep him in our prayers. Can't imagine what that must be like that.
Thank you!

Wow. The agony he must be in. Will he get any of the cash/settlement that the NFL approved in the Collective Bargaining Agreement?
We don't know about that, he played in the old World Football league in the 70's and 80's and they don't have anything like that as of now.

I wont pray for you, but Ill give you some info that may help.

He cant be immune to pain meds, just allergic. They can have a reduced effect over time though.(opiates)

Try talking to your doctor about Gabapentin, or similar medication. It may help some if other meds have failed.

Dont give up, and try multiple doctors if you hit a wall.

Good luck...
Thanks, and you're right, he just gets nothing from most pain meds now...this will be the last doctor we see about this, we have seen several and they all referred to this clinic.

Thinking about you both. Hope things go well. Keep us posted.
Will put an update, thanks, it means a lot to us both!

He's in my prayers. I have bad arthritis in my knees so I know what that pain is like...but at least I can take painkillers for it.

I understand how pain can change a person's life. I will be sending you and your husband positive thoughts. Hope everything works out soon.

Deb

We'll put you both on our family prayer list starting tonight. I'll especially pray for your husband today and tomorrow.

Sherri my heart breaks for both you and your husband, You both will be in my prayers and in the prayer chain at church. Please let us know how he is doing.

hope the doctor visit results in some relief for you husband.

the gabapantin suggestion is a good one.

there are also cognitive pain management therapies worth trying

my husband is allergic to several pain meds and has to take massive doses of the ones that still work now when he has his migraines. we live in fear that the pain meds will cease being effective or that he'll develop allergic reactions to more of them. So I can really feel for your situation

Thanks is not enough to say to you all, it is much more than that, I knew that this forum members would come through and reply.....you all are much loved and appreciated....will post update after his visit tomorrow.

I sure feel for you guys, I will pray - has he tried acupuncture? I had a spinal surgery 11 yrs ago- 1/4 my spine is a stainless steal "cage" - and I got 1 1/2 inches taller too - lol - but that poor guy, the pain can drive you mad - I also has no luck w/. the pain meds- the pain was just to great- and they tried EVERYTHING - but see if he would look into acupuncture- it may help - will def/ pray for you guys- stay strong !!

Back
Top Bottom