Asking for a friend

bloftis1

Avid Member
So i have buddy that is wondering if he can use sand moist moss as a hatching medium for panther eggs? Im not sure if that would work, I use the pangea hatching medium

It won't likely work. I've always used slightly moist coarse grained vermiculite. I Moisten it and then take a handful and squeeze it...if only a drop of water comes out then the moisture is right. I put the vermiculite in a shoebox sized plastic container that has a lid. I lay the eggs in rows an inch apart in all directions in little dents I've made with my thumb. I put the lid on. I place it where the temperature is appropriate to incubate the eggs. Moisture will form on the inside of the lid and container.

It won't likely work. I've always used slightly moist coarse grained vermiculite. I Moisten it and then take a handful and squeeze it...if only a drop of water comes out then the moisture is right. I put the vermiculite in a shoebox sized plastic container that has a lid. I lay the eggs in rows an inch apart in all directions in little dents I've made with my thumb. I put the lid on. I place it where the temperature is appropriate to incubate the eggs. Moisture will form on the inside of the lid and container.
I do the same. It works great. I've thought about getting Hatch Rite or something similar but that has been working good for me. I usually weigh the container after the eggs are in place and every month or two add about a tablespoon of water.

Back
Top Bottom