Asking Color Morph and Size Panther Chameleon

Hello everyone! I have got 2 questions here:

1. I have heard about panther chameleon coloration such as Blue Bar , Red Bar, Yellow Body Blue Bar (YBBB), Red Body Blue Bar (RBBB), etc. Are those terms talking about morph?sorry if I am wrong to use this term.
I just want to know what kind of colors /morph of mine. I am not sure with mine. Is he Blue Bar / YBBB/ something else (?) The seller told me that his parents were mix - Blue Bar and Red Bar.

2. My little guy is about 8 months but I saw some pictures on social media that at this age panther chameleons are a little bit bigger than mine. I dont know if their growth are very different every single of them, however it seems like my panther chameleon looks a little bit small - in my eyes comparing to others . Or mine is normal? But he looks healthy though, doesnt he?
Does how many diets affect the growth? or this is just normal things? Every single of them will be in different size?
Anyway I posted him here when he was 2 month, when I was not sure his sex. Now I know 😄 https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...e-or-female-baby-panther.182589/#post-1666638

IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_1328.JPG

I can't answer your questions, but I have an almost 7 month panther who is smaller than yours. May I ask what the weight is on your panther? I am desperately trying to help my little dude grow!

I can't answer your questions, but I have an almost 7 month panther who is smaller than yours. May I ask what the weight is on your panther? I am desperately trying to help my little dude grow!
Oh.. I am sorry I cant provide it because I dont have any weight measure tools for my chamy. I never know about my panther's weight though.

Off topic here. Did you ever end up taking him to the vet to see whats the issue with his eye? Looks like an open wound to me.

As for colors, its hard to say, ambilobes go through quite the color change. Mine goes from blue bars to red bars. Depends.
Yours now looks more like a YBBB.

Hello everyone! I have got 2 questions here:

1. I have heard about panther chameleon coloration such as Blue Bar , Red Bar, Yellow Body Blue Bar (YBBB), Red Body Blue Bar (RBBB), etc. Are those terms talking about morph?sorry if I am wrong to use this term.
I just want to know what kind of colors /morph of mine. I am not sure with mine. Is he Blue Bar / YBBB/ something else (?) The seller told me that his parents were mix - Blue Bar and Red Bar.

2. My little guy is about 8 months but I saw some pictures on social media that at this age panther chameleons are a little bit bigger than mine. I dont know if their growth are very different every single of them, however it seems like my panther chameleon looks a little bit small - in my eyes comparing to others . Or mine is normal? But he looks healthy though, doesnt he?
Does how many diets affect the growth? or this is just normal things? Every single of them will be in different size?
Anyway I posted him here when he was 2 month, when I was not sure his sex. Now I know 😄 https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...e-or-female-baby-panther.182589/#post-1666638

View attachment 314065View attachment 314066View attachment 314067View attachment 314068
Nosy be gbbb?

Off topic here. Did you ever end up taking him to the vet to see whats the issue with his eye? Looks like an open wound to me.

As for colors, its hard to say, ambilobes go through quite the color change. Mine goes from blue bars to red bars. Depends.
Yours now looks more like a YBBB.
I didnt yet. Some vets nearby are only for cats and dogs anyway.
The wound came from when he was about 2 month, I was thinking it would be fixed naturally. But I didnt expect this took so long. I saw on the outer of his eye has been recovered. I just hope the eyes would be fine again naturally.

Well yeah the true colors will be more firing when he gets older I guess. Actually I am not sure he has yellow body, his prefer light green to yellow in my sight.

Every yellow body panther is green in resting colors. Very few stay yellow or a tint of yellow while at rest. So the ones you usually see yellow they are all fired up and display their most vibrant colors.
I dont know about this yet. This my another photo of him, I guess while at this normal state/mood he is mostly green.
But I guess I ever saw him when he got frightened, the vibrant color when fired up was yellow! You know that was not "Real" yellow, but its something yellow. So maybe you're right.

Attachments

• IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 106
I dont know about this yet. This my another photo of him, I guess while at this normal state/mood he is mostly green.
But I guess I ever saw him when he got frightened, the vibrant color when fired up was yellow! You know that was not "Real" yellow, but its something yellow. So maybe you're right.
Yeah, time will tell, he's still young

Back
Top Bottom