[Art] Panther Sculpture

@FLChamMom: Thank you! A link to my etsy store is in my signature if interested. :)

@jannb: Thank you!

@maxttu:Thank you! Yes I did, 3rd sculpture I've ever done with this medium or style (did a couple random abstract earth clay work back in art class in high school, but that was so long ago and it was usually weird random things we'd make)

@Neonugz: Thanks! I look forward to doing other locales and species, especially my beloved veileds.

@maven: Thanks! It's encouraging to know that people would like to own my work!

@broderp: Thanks! Only reason I'm waiting til the show to sell (if not then on my etsy) is cause I want to own him for a little bit before selling. :D lol I'm proud of him so I want to have him to myself for a little while - can't keep all I make though, otherwise my house will be ruled by sculptures and artwork. lol
I thought about making a mold for him, but it would be a very complex mold. That and I'm not 100% content with this particular sculpt to make a mold of it (I'm really picky and critical of my work). When I make the perfect sculpt, then I'll likely make a mold of it. As far as casting goes, it'd be cast in rondo (resin/bondo mix, stronger than resin on it's own), and those materials certainly are new to me! lol I work with them quite a bit in my costume stuff I do. OH the brain cell killing with the chemical fumes!!! whhheee lol.
I think making molds and then selling raw unpainted casts would be really fun and I think people would be interested in - because then they could paint it themselves to look like they're own cham! I know I would love to do that!

Thanks a huge bunch for the compliment guys!! It really means a lot! I was really nervous about posting this project at first but now I'm really encouraged and excited to make more and look forward to show you my future projects!

I'm really excited for friday as I get to pick up my new panther!! This is the first panther I'll have owned (currently own a veiled - had a full grown beautiful super friendly adult male not too long ago, but my dog ate him. :( :( ) So I look forward to having my new panther and new(ish) veiled be my model for different poses to scuplt!
Perhaps I'll think about sculpting life size babies of panthers/veiled - they're always super cute when they're babies but grow up so fast, I'm sure all of us would enjoy our 'babies' being 'babies again'.

I'm super excited to start a new one! I think I will tomorrow, and I already know what colours I want to do! This one I'll likely put up for sale right away since there's so much interest. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about you little guy. I'm sure you will grow to love and adore your new little guy just as much! I greatly look forward to seeing your future creations! I will be keeping an eye on your etsy account. Have fun with your new little baby cham. :D You will have to show us pictures!!!

@broderp: Thanks! Only reason I'm waiting til the show to sell (if not then on my etsy) is cause I want to own him for a little bit before selling. :D lol I'm proud of him so I want to have him to myself for a little while - can't keep all I make though, otherwise my house will be ruled by sculptures and artwork. lol
I thought about making a mold for him, but it would be a very complex mold. That and I'm not 100% content with this particular sculpt to make a mold of it (I'm really picky and critical of my work). When I make the perfect sculpt, then I'll likely make a mold of it. As far as casting goes, it'd be cast in rondo (resin/bondo mix, stronger than resin on it's own), and those materials certainly are new to me! lol I work with them quite a bit in my costume stuff I do. OH the brain cell killing with the chemical fumes!!! whhheee lol.
I think making molds and then selling raw unpainted casts would be really fun and I think people would be interested in - because then they could paint it themselves to look like they're own cham! I know I would love to do that!

I fully understand wanting to keep him for a while before giving it up. I'm sure you already have many pictures to keep once it's is gone.

I had never thought about making raw unpainted casts. Thats a good idea. Personally, would prefer the professional paint it and just select the one color scheme that catches my eye, but a raw cast would appeal to many.

The group here from my limited experience has been awesome, you should never feel nervous about expressing and opinion or showin us your work. If it involves chams, you usually have a captive audience. :D

Good luck with your new baby. Be sure to post pictures of him/ her.

@Maven: Oh I love my new veiled... but he HATES me... lol so much angry. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it...

@broderp: Thanks! Oh I'll be sure to spam with photos of both new boys.

Made a few little sculpts that I'll be throwing up on etsy tomorrow (if you want to get one before then, just pm me with which one!)! Various colours of panther and veileds (though the veiled made so far are just green).

1959437_438433002957174_1059040263_n.jpg

1911717_438433016290506_1279041428_n.jpg

1538767_438433036290504_2082557333_n.jpg

These (imo) are super cute and were super fun to make! Many more combinations to come! (if people are interested in these) I love the purple one!

Hey guys, just to let you know that I will be putting my big sculpture up for sale on my etsy store in the new few days. If you're interested but don't want to deal with signing up an account/fee/etc with etsy, pm me here!
I'm selling him for $250 usd (not including shipping). Total height is 14 inches.

Back
Top Bottom