Are your mistkings silent?

Pearl Fields

Avid Member
Hey. So i wanted to ask, to anyone who has/has had a mistking, are they actually silent for you? I have one, it works, but it isn't exactly silent. I can definitely hear it. The vibrations but also the i guess, water going up the tubeing or something, in bursts? IDK how to explain it, but did we do something wrong or is this how it is supposed to work?

Ok. The tube is not very secure for me, so thats part of the problem i think. But also, as it comes on (and off) it doesn't make any weird spluttering noises? It does that for me. We tried to secure it well, and double checked if there was anything wrong but we couldn't find the problem. Is it normal for it to make spluttering noises when it comes on every time.

Ok. The tube is not very secure for me, so thats part of the problem i think. But also, as it comes on (and off) it doesn't make any weird spluttering noises? It does that for me. We tried to secure it well, and double checked if there was anything wrong but we couldn't find the problem. Is it normal for it to make spluttering noises when it comes on every time.
I would say no. It sounds like that when I disconnect it and the lines are empty. Once it is primed and running the lines should be staying full of water. You may have a small leak in a hose, or more likely where it goes into the pump as I am assuming you have one line from pump to mister. It could also be that a valve in the pump it self is not working. If you cant find a leak, you would see water , If it is new or under warrantee I might see about getting it replaced. I have two that I run and both are the same, silent except on first prime.

Basically it sounds like the lines are draining and they should not.

I haven't seen a leak anywhere but will check again. If theres air in it there is probably a leak somewhere. We got the misting nozzels on as much as they would go, but could it still not be secure and could there be a leak there?

I haven't seen a leak anywhere but will check again. If theres air in it there is probably a leak somewhere. We got the misting nozzels on as much as they would go, but could it still not be secure and could there be a leak there?
It seems you would notice a leak. It seems more like the water is backflowing through the pump into the reserve. On the nozzel or any connection make sure the cuts are flat, if the are at an angle they won't seal correct.

How should i do that? Take out the tubing where it connects? Won't water come out if i do that. Sorry, i know nothing about this.

How should i do that? Take out the tubing where it connects? Won't water come out if i do that. Sorry, i know nothing about this.
When you set it up did you have to cut the tubbing ? If you disconnect the line where it goes from reservoir to bump, the reservoir will drain. If you disconnect it on the side of the pump where the water comes out only the line should drain. Your line doesn't seem to hold water so this may or may not drain. If water is coming out from the reservoir through the pump without it being turned on that is a problem. It should hold back water. So disconnect where the ware comes out of the pump. To do this push in the tubbing then hold down the flange of the slip fit connector. I will include pic. If the water comes from the pump it is faulty. If the line above the pump is empty then it is losing the water. When you cut the tubing to fin into the connector it is important that it be a flat cut.
IMG_1745.jpg

I had tube noise from it vibrating against my glass enclosure wall when I first set it up. I taped it to the side of the glass with some black electrical tape and it went away. Been like that for almost two years now.

Mine isn't quiet, but it isn't noisy. Initial startup after refill will make it sputter for a few seconds, then the tubes rattle because they are not secured. The pump makes a subtle thrum/thump noise as it does it's thing and the nozzles usually produce a high pitched squeal.

Only time its not silent is when i haven't topped off water, I've used the supplied clips & self tapping screws to attach to the two slot shelving uprights i use for racking

Nope, mine is not silent. The tubing will make noise if it hits anything and the motor makes a humming noise - I imagine it would be less so if it was screwed down.

So essentially it depends on who you ask, also depends on the individuals hearing. I tend to notice a lot more sounds than others so I pick up on some of the sounds it makes.

When i say silent i mean whisper quite, certainly a lot quieter than some of the other systems out there. Have to be close up to hear it & loudest of the noise is drips & dripping from the leaves

I mounted mine completely. The pump has feet with rubber like washers and a whole in them. I put two screws through the holes to mount it to the shelf. Stops vibrating and does not walk. Then all of my lines are hooked down with the hose mounts they sells. Again no vibration so no noise. You do here it kick on but it is by no means loud.

Back
Top Bottom