Are these temps in range for Panther Chameleon incubation?

yoteango

Established Member
A few weeks ago I bought an egg from Cameleons101. (Realized that probably wasn't the wisest move but whatever) Just wondering if these temps seem alright, It's in a closet and the thermometer placed right next to it. I'm worried they might be too high.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220515-134624.png
    Screenshot_20220515-134624.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 74
"Eggs incubated at over 80ºF in early incubation can remain in diapause for over 12 months in some cases"...
Oh no, and I'm getting impatient as it is, already with a cage set up under the guise of "letting my plants grow out"

I have an idea for something, but I'm not sure if it would work. I noticed the moist soil for my plants down a few degrees lower, so I want to try putting the small deli container in a larger container of vermiculite to create a microclimate swamp cooler as the vermiculite drys. Is something like this worth trying out, or is that just normal incubation with extra steps?

I've never had to cool eggs...only add heat to some...I live in Canada...so we're usually having to add heat.

I have an idea for something, but I'm not sure if it would work. I noticed the moist soil for my plants down a few degrees lower, so I want to try putting the small deli container in a larger container of vermiculite to create a microclimate swamp cooler as the vermiculite drys. Is something like this worth trying out, or is that just normal incubation with extra steps?
This didn't really work from what I could tell. Thought I made an update but whatever.

Currently it is in a box with a basic computer fan evaporative cooler set at 72 degrees, falling down to around 70 where it slowly rises over the course of a few hours. I imagine the egg itself is even more stable in it's deli cup container. It seems to work well and expanding the water reservoir with a simple siphon will let it last a while.

Back
Top Bottom