Are these feeders healthy?

JWilson

Not Necessary To Read:
I took my chameleon to the vet and the vet said that my chameleon couldnt pass the exoskeleton properly and I shouldn't use crickets:(. I know crickets are a staple feeder, anyways getting to the point I found can o crickets and they had softened exo skeletons so I used just those for the forst month I had my chameleon. I read more about why chameleons need nutrients so I decided to start buying live food. Do you think this is a healthy enough schedule for him to be a healthy chameleon?

Vital Info:

10-15 Crickets a Day (Calcium Dusted)
1-2 Superworms a day (No Supplements Added)
1 Hornworm a week (No Supplements Added)
2 Mealworms a day (Calcium Dusted)

Note: I dust with calcium almost every day, d3 twice a month, and herptivite multi-vitamin twice a month. I take him outside 2 a week to get natural UVB

Main Question:
Will he be healthy on this diet?

How old is he?
I stay awake from mealworms I hear there harder to digest
I only use crickets do often. My main staple is dubia 8-12 a day
Silkworms 4-5 a day
Hornworms2-3 a week
1 wax worm when they come to my arm every other day

Calcium every day d3 biweekly vits by weekly

But that seems healthy I just hate the stink crickets give off

10-15 Crickets a Day (Calcium Dusted)
1-2 Superworms a day (No Supplements Added)
1 Hornworm a week (No Supplements Added)
2 Mealworms a day (Calcium Dusted)

Will he be healthy on this diet?

How old is the cham?

Hornworms will grow super quick, so you'll have to feed more of them otherwise they get monstrous and too big for your cham and then you're just losing money. I give my guy 3-4 horns a day sometimes if he wants them. They are great for hydration and have no exoskeleton. Mealworms and supers are tougher to digest. Have you tried silkworms? My guy goes bonkers for them! They are silky soft and are a great staple. Dubias are also a nice staple too and they are easy to set up in a colony to help save some money!

Back
Top Bottom