are these eggs?

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
well, lately my female veiled has been showing many different colors and has been getting more and more upset with me each day, when i feed her, and mist her and whenever i walk past her cage. I'm not sure why but i was looking at some pictures I took the other day and yesterday when i was feeding her I thought that i seen some eggs in her. Can someone more experienced help me out? Thanks Zac.

p.s. the pictures aren't able to load to this thread since i already posted it on my other thread https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-critters-53082/, the pics are the first two out of the many that i posted. thanks again! hope someone can help!

Zac

well, lately my female veiled has been showing many different colors and has been getting more and more upset with me each day, when i feed her, and mist her and whenever i walk past her cage. I'm not sure why but i was looking at some pictures I took the other day and yesterday when i was feeding her I thought that i seen some eggs in her. Can someone more experienced help me out? Thanks Zac.

p.s. the pictures aren't able to load to this thread since i already posted it on my other thread https://www.chameleonforums.com/my-critters-53082/, the pics are the first two out of the many that i posted. thanks again! hope someone can help!

Zac
Look like eggs in the oven to me. She looks like a 50+ depositer. Please have a laying site available for her.

thank you :) shes been HUGE since I have gotten her. I was given wrong information on her when i got her. So I'm guessing she possibly a wild caught but not sure. She doesn't have scratches or anything, but shes massive, I cut down on food for her since shes huge.

Update

Well I just got home from the store and checked in on Delilah, and she got mad at me again, and i snapped a few pics.

these are from behind her and you can see two little eggs on each side of her legs.

Last edited:
Yes, definitely eggs. Not all chameleon show gravid colors to humans. Try showing her a male if you want to see the colors.

Yes, definitely eggs. Not all chameleon show gravid colors to humans. Try showing her a male if you want to see the colors.

I have showed her to a male MANY times and nothing. if you go to my thread
"My Critters" the 4th picture I think and the first post, shows the colors that she showed toward him. I usually use a winter glove that is gray and she goes nuts over it.

Now that I know she is carrying eggs, how much should i be supplementing her? should I increase the d3 or without d3 or multivitamin or all?

I always increase the calcium without d3 to make sure the shells develope properley. My panther eggs turned out perfect when I fed my female LOTS of calcium.

Back
Top Bottom