are these eggs ????

female panther 13 mths old , vet said she would lay eggs so I been trying to watch her , laying bin was dirty with poo so it was time to clean ,,, after digging around (not deep maybe a inch or two) I found these , she's still a big girl and feeling her belly I never ever felt eggs ,,, the bin has potting soil and river sand mixed , patches has never stopped eating and that's what has me confused , I was told female would stop eating before they lay ,, any help would be appreciated
eggs .jpg

If its eggs you'll know...
These look to small more like stones or them white thingies that come in potting soil.

But it's like brownie said, hard to tell without a reference.

for some reason once I cleaned out bin she started digging, I had to put her in a bigger (deeper)pot , she didn't like it so I found a container that would fit in her housery, ,,this morning she's digging again and I hope its deep enough , maybe 7-8 inches deep now

this is the second day she's been digging , how long does she have before laying eggs , I watch her bin about every hour or so
As @Chameleomom said, give her privacy. If she sees you looking then she'll abandon the hole and start again. If you have the resources to do so, set up a spy cam on her bin if you're really worried about her.

As @Chameleomom said, give her privacy. If she sees you looking then she'll abandon the hole and start again. If you have the resources to do so, set up a spy cam on her bin if you're really worried about her.
Idk I was wondering the same I seen the other day where you called shim out after telling someone to keep there cham very whorm at bed time and to spray it with water to wake it up?? Like wat who does this

If she takes too long to lay eggs she may be egg bound and you might want to bring her to a vet just in case. Egg bound is not good.
Look I just told u I did not mean to post that now noooo one needs you out of all ppl to give any advice wat so ever now stop quoting me I have zero care to talk to you

well I said I watch her every hour its like this , both chams are in living room,,I tried to cover her housery with a cloth , she didn't like it on her housery , I took it off and she has began digging again , its not like I walk up to her housery and look in , I can watch from sofa ,,,,she's a calm panther , likes to be held or doesn't mind being held ,,, thanks for all the info, if she doesn't lay within next 2 weeks shes going to vet

I wouldn't really worry about being egg bound unless she shows absolutely no interest in the laying bin and starts acting lethargic. In my opinion, most chameleons start checking out substrate way before they are ready, which makes tons of sense. They would do it in the wild. She will let you know if she's uncomfortable if you observe enough.

• I wouldn't really worry about being egg bound unless she shows absolutely no interest in the laying bin and starts acting lethargic. In my opinion, most chameleons start checking out substrate way before they are ready, which makes tons of sense. They would do it in the wild. She will let you know if she's uncomfortable if you observe enough.

the bin is a least 12" deep ,, she has dug to the bottom and seems like trying to dig deeper because I can hear her scratching the bottom .. is this normal or should I add more dirt after she gets out bin this evening... she's been digging for 3 days or so ,,,she's not eating but bask in the morning for a hour or so in the morning ,, she digging in the same hole she first started , I don't want to mess her up by adding more dirt but I'm so worried

How much dirt did you add? If she is trying to dig deeper I would add as much dirt as you can add when she is out and safe. Or possibly get a larger bin and use a ridiculous amount of dirt and digging room. She seems to like to dig.

I haven't added dirt ,,, didn't want disturb her bin, she will leave the bin soon and will add another 6" or so,,, about how many days will she dig before she lays,,, I am ready for this to be over LOL

It depends, a lot of chameleons from what I've noticed and I would expect it's pretty normal in the wild, dig practice holes and check out the soil for a few days to weeks before actually laying (which drives all us keepers crazy lol), some females just lay as soon as they dig. Anyway I find some keepers are better at keeping their distance if they have something to keep their mind constantly going. Such as video games, coloring, reading, writing, or business. Something that they can focus obsessive thoughts on is usually better. Sometimes some keepers just can't stop worrying, and sometimes they do better if they install a simple spy cam that the chameleon does really notice. Either way it sounds like your girl will be relatively easy and knows what she is doing. Good luck <3

Back
Top Bottom