Are these colors normal

My male veiled chameleons light went off an hour ago and I walked in and saw these weird colors on his casque. The picture may not show but the dark part is actually almost black. I am worried so if you have any ideas what it means that would be great

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 168
I don't personally own a veiled chameleon but I do believe that that color is completely normal and he is just starting to get some of his big boy colors

I don't personally own a veiled chameleon but I do believe that that color is completely normal and he is just starting to get some of his big boy colors

He shed "about a week ago" and got some nice light blues. It thought it ought be normal but since it was so dark colors and he was in has pjs I was worried

Ya I would say its normal. Chameleons will often times develop there color after a shed. They will also get different sleeping colors. For an example my panther is normally very dark during the day and at night he gets very light in color

Yes, those are perfectly normal veiled colors and he looks very healthy. He will most likely develop more black as he matures.

Back
Top Bottom