Are these colors correct for a Nosy Be Panther?

jajabis

When i've googled Nosy Be Panthers, it's more of a tealish/blue color that i've seen in the males.

I researched a lot prior to purchasing him due to the fact the pet-store staff wasn't knowledgable in the subject at all. I assumed it was a Nosy Be by the label at the store. But i've read mis-labeling happens a lot with these chameleons.

He might be a cross between something else? I've just seen a lot of yellow in him lately.

I don't know his exact age.

Here are the photos of him at different times today.
View media item 43718View media item 43717View media item 43716
This is an older photo that was taken a few weeks ago.
IMG_3482.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3564.JPG
    IMG_3564.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 166
how old is he? I've had 2 Nosy Be males and both are a very deep blue as adults. One was very blue as a small juvenile but the other didn't turn blue until quite later in his development.

how old is he? I've had 2 Nosy Be males and both are a very deep blue as adults. One was very blue as a small juvenile but the other didn't turn blue until quite later in his development.
I don't absolutely know what Bruce age is, but i purchased him on September 12th. I'd assume he was a few months old by then. Barely able to tell he was a male due to colors and his tail.

Only thing that makes me think he might have something else is because of the yellow. In the photo of him climbing up the curtain, his head was a lot more yellow than the iPhone camera could catch.

No yellow is very possible to appear in nosey be, however it's where it appears and how much. However he looks about 4 months and that is far too young to tell what his adult colors will be and his true genetics other than he is a panther.

Back
Top Bottom