Are these burns?

My chameleon got some discolored black and white splotches, that look like burns. I don't know if they are, and if so, how should I treat them? Hopefully these pictures are clear enough!
Photo on 1-26-22 at 6.16 PM.jpg
Photo on 1-26-22 at 6.16 PM #2.jpg
Photo on 1-26-22 at 6.15 PM.jpg
Photo on 1-26-22 at 6.15 PM #3.jpg
Photo on 1-26-22 at 6.15 PM #2.jpg
Photo on 1-26-22 at 6.14 PM.jpg
Photo on 1-26-22 at 6.14 PM #3.jpg
Photo on 1-26-22 at 6.14 PM #2.jpg

Looks like a thermal burn to me.... What type of lighting are you using and what strength? What is the temp where she sits? What is the distance to the branch from the bottom of the fixture?

You want silver sulfadiazine cream to put on it.

Looks like a thermal burn to me.... What type of lighting are you using and what strength? What is the temp where she sits? What is the distance to the branch from the bottom of the fixture?

She is using the mclanzoo 75w red heat bulb. There is about a half-foot space between her branch and the light, and it doesn't seem really hot when I put my hand there. Her basking spot is 80-85 degrees. She does like to go right next to the light, which seems a lot hotter, but not enough to burn me or her.

She is using the mclanzoo 75w red heat bulb. There is about a half-foot space between her branch and the light, and it doesn't seem really hot when I put my hand there. Her basking spot is 80-85 degrees. She does like to go right next to the light, which seems a lot hotter, but not enough to burn me or her.
Ok so the bulb is the issue. It is an infared bulb... Tend to get much hotter then you realize. Also it is a red bulb which is really bad for their eyes... At 6 inches that would put out some real heat.

You want a regular white incandescent household bulb. 60 watt is what I would start with. And her basking should never be hotter then 78-80.

The silver cream is the best option... In a pinch regular neosporin will help. the kind without any pain relief in it. But the silver cream is better it helps with any infection under the burn.

is Silvex an okay brand to use ? I wanna make sure I know which one is good for future reference

Back
Top Bottom