are their any niche suppies that are lacking?

I think drainage options are very much lacking. It's the one thing that all chameleon owners sort of have to build/design themselves because even the option that's for sale from LLL needs modification to fit each person's needs. This is the only thing that comes to mind right now.

Seconded on the drainage/cage stands with drainage built in. I spend a lot of $$ to find a cabinet that was the right size. I mean, there's a lot of furniture around but most of it is just the wrong size to fit under a 24X24X48 cage. I don't want my cage to hang over the sides and I don't want to take up half a room with extra length.

Seconded on the drainage/cage stands with drainage built in. I spend a lot of $$ to find a cabinet that was the right size. I mean, there's a lot of furniture around but most of it is just the wrong size to fit under a 24X24X48 cage. I don't want my cage to hang over the sides and I don't want to take up half a room with extra length.

Thats why I mounted my own shelving. You can cut it to fit your needs and Im not spending big bux on a cabinet thats going to be ruined by my constant misting. I think a commercially avail rack that would fit say 2 cages side by side that was deep enough to accomodate 2x2x4 cages would be a very useful item. If it were afforable and made of tough/water resistent materials.

So you mean a nice piece of furniture with a drain pan w/ drain hole which your 24x24 could sit on and perhaps your live food cultures could live underneath?

That sounds like something alot of people would be interested in. Shipping and weight would be your biggest hurdles. I dont know maybe it could be sold in kit form? To keep shipping costs down.

how many cham keepers are there though? Thousand, or more like hundreds? Even I've been looking for a stand to put my adult cham's cage on.

That sounds like something alot of people would be interested in. Shipping and weight would be your biggest hurdles. I dont know maybe it could be sold in kit form? To keep shipping costs down.

how many cham keepers are there though? Thousand, or more like hundreds? Even I've been looking for a stand to put my adult cham's cage on.

Agreed. And if anyone is like me, they find it WAY easier to "purchase" rather than "build". Could I build? Yes. Do I have time to do it? No. Way easier to purchase something that is more helpful to me in the long run, so I always encourage people that come up with newer products like this.

Yes I would really like to see a drainage product come out for us cham owners. Right now Im setting up one of those plastic shelving units from lowes, but the only problem is I could not find one that fit two 2x2x4 cages, so I kind of have to make it work. They can def make something that comes in kit form, but the question is really how much of a money maker is it, if every reptile owner needed a drainage solution we would already have one, because companies could make a lot of money on it, but sadly for us cham owners dont make up a majority of reptile ownership. now if ball pythons needed drainage they would have it lol. Thats just what I think though

That's the thing though. You don't have to make it Cham specific. Just make it aboreal specific for other climbing reptiles like tree pythons, Crested geckos, etc. Some of these use similar setups.

Hmmmm... Necessity is the mother of invention.

seems some people would like an open shelf unit perhaps like an end table and others would like more of a cabinet?

Aside from allowing to drain into an unseen reservoir any other functions I'm missing on?

Hmmmm... Necessity is the mother of invention.

seems some people would like an open shelf unit perhaps like an end table and others would like more of a cabinet?

Aside from allowing to drain into an unseen reservoir any other functions I'm missing on?

Maybe a way to hide all the lights and wires. Also a lock on the cage in case there are kids in the house that think it would be a good idea to let the cham out. Make it easy to install a reservoir and misting setup. Most of all, easy to clean.

Different mesh options can be good. Since aluminum mesh may cut your chams toe nails off. You can also add some type of sturdy support on the top to hang plants like pothos.

Okay now I'm going overboard. If it is big and heavy you can add wheels that can lock in place. A way to prop up the base of the plants so the pots don't cover up the drain holes.

I just started a project with drainage in mind. I picked up a very inexpensive bathroom sink/cabinet combo that my new cage sits perfectly centered over, without the faucet of course. Without the plumbing underneath, the sink drains right into any bucket underneath hidden by the cabinet doors & with room for storage. Measure the cage,measure sink , just pick one with a small lip around the edge & its done. I found one at Lowes for 45 dollars....

Back
Top Bottom