Are some cham temps too high?

Since your on this subject. There is a breeder on Kingsnake that lives in S. florida and has a large feral population of veileds that he sells from time to time. He sometimes will have adds for 2.2 veilds w/ gravid females.

Eh, these forums are not the end all be all of the cham world. You would be suprised by how many people keep chams and know nothing of these forums.

Veiled guy has wild breeders and has offered WCs for sale here and one kingsnake. https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/veiled-guy/

I'm sure that's true. My daughter was into "trying" to keep chams for years before she found the forums. I don't always read the chams for sale since I'm not in the market to buy one. I only check them out when trying to help a member find a cham to purchase.

So then you can keep them out in Florida. I brought mine inside cause it was like 90 degrees in my patio and I knew the little guy would not be able to cool down anywhere. But I see no reason in our gorgeous winter months when it is like 75 degrees everyday why he could not live on my patio. It is a much nicer environment out there than in a house looking at drywall! Also, how often does a 5-6 month old sambava shed? He shed about 2 1/2 weeks ago. One more question or should I say statement. I would love some feedback. I bought my chameleon from Chameleons Only and the breeder (Who I trust knows what she is talking about) put my cham on a schedule of d3 twice a week. Which means about 8 times a month. They raise them, so they must be successful with that schedule. He is also on another without d3 and then some Minerall stuff too. It seems like everyone freaks about about too much d3. So who is the expert here, the breeder or the forum?

I need a UV meter. are there certain things to look for when purchasing and which ones are the good ones?

And, I am guessing to much would be harmful, but what is to much according to a the reading. I use a reptiglo 5.0 48" linear for 2 chams I have in side by side cages (with a black, non see through barrier between them). I have had them for 8 months and seem to be doing real good. I just want to be sure and get a meter. Specially cause I want to be able to take them outside if it ever gets warm enough here in Utah, which for a few days of the summer it will.

Back
Top Bottom