are showers ok?&

Here is how the forum describes showers. "Shower - Another method of providing water, especially to dehydrated chameleons, is by using a shower. Place a large plant in the tub, aim the shower head against the wall, and run the water so that only a fine mist reaches the chameleon. The water should be room temperature (not hot!). They may drink for up to 30 minutes. Make sure to supervise your chameleon at all times while using this method."
Sounds like you are talking about hand misting with some electrolytes. That doesn't sound unreasonable if its not over done. I've done something similar with hand misting or dripping to stimulate drinking.
so i do both actually! i do 5-10 minute showers once a day and every few hours i use an eye dropper with the gatorade. i am very careful to watch her since she keeps her eyes closed so i need to be sure she actually grabs the leaves instead of falling off. i only will hand drip as much as she allows herself to drink so that way it isn’t over done and i am sure to switch between electrolytes and plain water so she isn’t getting too much sugar

Back
Top Bottom