are orchids safe?????

I want to toss in that I agree with almost everything EvilLost has said above (in fact I was about to say pretty much the exact same things.)

The almost: Don't use what plants you can keep with a frog as an indicator of what can go with a chameleon,especially a PDF. The frogs will pretty much never eat the plants and really only plants that cause cause physical issues (ie sap or spikes) are bad for frog tanks.

Don't use what plants you can keep with a frog as an indicator of what can go with a chameleon,especially a PDF. The frogs will pretty much never eat the plants and really only plants that cause cause physical issues (ie sap or spikes) are bad for frog tanks.

This/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Also: the safe plant list on this site is not a list of EVERY safe plant. Their are other plants that are safe too.

I realize this is an old post, but most or all orchids should be safe for chameleons. For example, flowers of Dendrobium are used as garnish and food. Orchids are probably not on the "safe plants" list because not many people grow them. I am looking for a source of true miniature orchids to add to my chameleon enclosure. If anyone knows of a source of orchids for vivariums, I'd love to know about it - I do see a few advertised on Josh's Frogs.

BTW, I have a male panther chameleon, and he never tries to eat plants. I realize veiled chameleons will eat vegetation, but I haven't heard of panthers doing it.

I realize this is an old post, but most or all orchids should be safe for chameleons. For example, flowers of Dendrobium are used as garnish and food. Orchids are probably not on the "safe plants" list because not many people grow them. I am looking for a source of true miniature orchids to add to my chameleon enclosure. If anyone knows of a source of orchids for vivariums, I'd love to know about it - I do see a few advertised on Josh's Frogs.

BTW, I have a male panther chameleon, and he never tries to eat plants. I realize veiled chameleons will eat vegetation, but I haven't heard of panthers doing it.

I have jeweled orchids(little different care) in my parsonii enclosure. I'm pretty sure black jungle supply and neherp sell different kinds of orchids. I have ordered from both in the past.

Back
Top Bottom