Are LED on Reptibreeze XL needed?

jacksonchamnew

Avid Member
The cage comes with bright LEDs. I would never leave them on a night but would they serve any purpose during the day other than making cham think he is at skating rink. LOL

Attachments

• newcage.jpg
    newcage.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 90
  • LEDS.jpg
    LEDS.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Yea i ALMOST got that cage, i think it says the red light is for night viewing, but you shouldn't have any lights at night as it will disrupt your chams sleep. i heard a small amount of blue light is okay at night? Not too sure about that though...?‍♂️ i have a small blue bulb glowing in a pink rock salt lamp above my kitchen cabinets kind of to "emulate" the moon, its not bright and far away enough from his cage that it doesn't bother him. I like to think its beneficial for his cycles ???

i heard a small amount of blue light is okay at night? Not too sure about that though...?‍♂️
Why bother? I say let the li'l guy/gal sleep.

If I'm concerned for safety or something, I just use a pocket flashlight to locate & establish everything's OK, then turn it off and I'm gone. I may still get the stinkeye, but it's not bright, and he goes right back to... ?

If ReptiBreeze wanted to add lights, they could have at least made them beneficial...like something good for plants. Just my opinion.
Their intent—as stated—is "for illuminating your pet's habitat," i.e. "Gee-Whiz" bells & whistles.
IDK what kind of plant lighting they'd add, and IDK that the white & red aren't good for plants.
I'm trying to decide on plant lighting myself! :oops:
So many choices, options, & variables! :eek: :LOL:

Why bother? I say let the li'l guy/gal sleep.

If I'm concerned for safety or something, I just use a pocket flashlight to locate & establish everything's OK, then turn it off and I'm gone. I may still get the stinkeye, but it's not bright, and he goes right back to... ?

? my guy sleeps great wether the night light is on or not and its really more of a soft glow than a light....not to mention its not anywhere NEAR his cage. I never really watch him at night strictly because of the lights affecting his sleep...If someone wants to see him past his bed time i say wait till he's awake ?‍♂️?And as far as plant lights go white light is good but i doubt those would be enough to keep plants alive. I will be using 2T5AHAO 6500k bulbs from pangea, bulbs come wit fixtures.
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/t5-uvb-light-fixture.html

Good looks @Beman my guys already looking more alert and lively ??

The cage comes with bright LEDs. I would never leave them on a night but would they serve any purpose during the day other than making cham think he is at skating rink. LOL

I have two of these enclosures that I’ve been using for about 6 months. Both are on timers so no lights on at night. When timer flips on it automatically sets the lights to their first setting - red and white. You can switch to all white if you want, you’ll just have to do manually each time.

I really like the lights as it helps reduce the amount of darkness within the cage, especially with some white corrugated plastic attached to the sides to help bring the light further into the cage.

As far as the point of red lights, I believe they help stimulate plant growth. As someone who uses only live plants, this is super beneficial. I cannot say if my plants success (i.e. prayer plant blooming for months at a time) is directly correlated with the enclosure’s lights since I use quad t5 fixtures as well. I will say that the enclosures do get a generous amount of light on their own without the quad t5.

The door has plexiglass which is great for viewing. SO much better than looking through screen. I previously mentioned that I cover all sides of my enclosure leaving only the service door and top open for airflow. I’ve been able to achieve high humidity levels this way. So, aside from aesthetics, the door being acrylic has functionality to it in respects to humidity if covering left, right, and back sides.

So, I do recommend this enclosure if you’ve got the money :)

Last edited:
I have two of these enclosures that I’ve been using for about 6 months. Both are on timers so no lights on at night. When timer flips on it automatically sets the lights to their first setting - red and white. You can switch to all white if you want, you’ll just have to do manually each time.

I really like the lights as it helps reduce the amount of darkness within the cage, especially with some white corrugated plastic attached to the sides to help bring the light further into the cage.

As far as the point of red lights, I believe they help stimulate plant growth. As someone who uses only live plants, this is super beneficial. I cannot say if my plants success (i.e. prayer plant blooming for months at a time) is directly correlated with the enclosure’s lights since I use quad t5 fixtures as well. I will say that the enclosures do get a generous amount of light on their own without the quad t5.

The door has plexiglass which is great for viewing. SO much better than looking through screen. I previously mentioned that I cover all sides of my enclosure leaving only the service door and top open for airflow. I’ve been able to achieve high humidity levels this way. So, aside from aesthetics, the door being acrylic has functionality to it in respects to humidity if covering left, right, and back sides.

So, I do recommend this enclosure if you’ve got the money :)
I didn’t know that it didn’t have a screen door. That is nice for viewing.

Back
Top Bottom