Are Jean-Luc's legs still looking normal?

mirrinias

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've posted. Jean-Luc, my veiled, turned two this month.

It's been a rocky year for us, with three moves and him being incredibly stressed at one of the locations I lived for three months -- the layout of the mini studio made it such that in order to fit in the room he was in view of the door and in the walkway. I don't feel like explaining the life situations that led to this but know that I know very well it was bad for him, and that I had little choice in the matter.

Anyway, we are in a better place now, and he is much happier...but has been eating on and off rather poorly since around august. Much of it is my own fault for not being able to afford the appropriate feeders, and some of it is him being a picky little poop. I have ordered some dubias to be his new staple and bluebottle flies as a supplement to give him some variety. I really can't keep crickets in this apartment because of the smell and the noise, and I do not have a car and can't go get crickets every two days to keep the smell down. It's just not a viable option anymore. He's turning his nose up at them anyway.

So the lack of food has me worried about his calcium intake. He has had a linear 5.0 uvb bulb that is replaced every six months his entire life, so no issue there. But I am feeling paranoid that I'm seeing the start of MBD in his legs. He still grips and climbs very well.

I took these pictures tonight. He is sleepy as this is pretty darn close to his bedtime so don't be alarmed by his slightly narrowed eyes. He is very active during the day.

20140224_201823.jpg
20140224_201902.jpg

He looks pretty healthy to me. If he keeps fussing about food or just flat-out stops eating, I would recommend going and seeing a vet to see if there isn't an underlying issue, such as internal parasites. Just keep on trying to feed him a variety of bugs. If he's hungry enough, he'll eat them. He's beautiful, I might add. Don't over-think. If he's made it this far, you're bound to be doing something right. :)

Back
Top Bottom