Arcadia Lights are the Ish!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few members have made mention of what the cham want as far as uvb and what they would recive in the wild.
I have on multiple occasions and with multiple chams gone outside to try and test this.
What I have done is placed the cham in a dark shadded area, and then a area directly in the sun. I then take readings with me solormeter and folow them around.
almost all of the time they send a few min in the direct sun or move to the the direct sun ( approx 200-300 on the solormeter ) and they seem to find and settle in a area of 50-80 on the solarmeter.
This has bee consitant with various chams on various days with differing degrees of sun.
I have a felling that if one were to take a solormeter into the wild and test this that we would find they are often sitting in a area in the 50-80 range.
As a resut this is the range I shoot for in my setups at the basking site. The cham is free to get a little closer into the 100-120 range and can venture lower into the cage a find area virtually free of any uvb.
Just food for thought

Great Stuff!!!
It sure makes sense.
Major Props, Hoj.
You are very 'in tune" with your animals.

I also think your nice ROOMY set-ups Hoj
are a good examples of how someone can make an enviromnt that allows the animal to choose its heat and UV areas just as it would in the wild....by giving them sensible options.
Rather than just relying on a small static enviroment that may, or may not be what they need.

Thanks!

Reactions: Hoj
Great Stuff!!!
It sure makes sense.
Major Props, Hoj.
You are very 'in tune" with your animals.

I also think your nice ROOMY set-ups Hoj
are a good examples of how someone can make an enviromnt that allows the animal to choose its heat and UV areas just as it would in the wild....by giving them sensible options.
Rather than just relying on a small static enviroment that may, or may not be what they need.

Thanks!

Thx Todd, for the sponsorsihip, great prodcuts and awsome service.

Anyone know how close is too close for the 12%?

Lets say I had it setup vertical 1ft away from a 2'x2' base cage. My beardy and cham live in about the same setups (2x2x4ft tall screen) next to each other with a leafy divider between the cages. I would like to get a 46" and mount it vert have it light both cages. I figure if i put it 1ft from the cages, the animals would be 1.5ft-3ft from the light at any given time, unless they happen to stay in the corners where no toys are at.

Ok I'm sold I just bought a T5HO light fixture 4 bulbs for my Bradypodion pumilums that I plan on moveing inside in about a month or so. knowing where they are from they get high levels of uv in that part of the world and not to mention that they have been outside since I got them. My question is do you think a 6% through screen in a large enclosure would be enough. I know it's matter of distance but over all I was just wondering if it would be enough. I can't take any chances with these guys so I'm leaning towards the 6% any suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited:
weird....I was shopping for these today as well....i have a 4ft T5 HO fixture, but the only bulbs i see close to my size is 46"....anyone use those in tbe 4ft fixtures?

I wondering that also. I bought a 2 foot fixture and i'm assuming it's a 22 in bulb. I'm not going to order the bulb until I actually know the size of the bulbs in the new fixture.

Guys the HO T5 bulbs are measured diff. the 22" and 46" go in 2ft and 4ft fixtures. Also if you do get the real arcadia 2ft or 4ft bulbs, they put out half the light as the T5 HO.

They need a chart or some kind of common ground. Zoomed did it by selling 2ft HO hoods and selling the bulbs as 2ft bulbs that are 22" end to end.

their T5 Ho puts out half the light of other T5 HO's?

anyone sell REAL 4ft uvb HO T5's I can put in (already expensive enough)4ft HO T5 fixture?

oh sorry I may have miss read the previous post...So they WILL fit in my 4ft HO T5 fixture right? I emailed the company to make sure, I just want to be positive before I order 4 or 5 bulbs just to find out they only fit in their fixtures. :D

Back
Top Bottom