AquaZamp rain dome moified for free range

Dsignrguy

I've been free-ranging for several years now, and the biggest issue has always been water delivery and recovery. I built all kinds of different drippers/misting nozzles and tried just about everything you could think of. The misting seamed to annoy my chameleon, didn't get any really good concentrated areas of water, and would get a wide area of the floor damp. Dripping used much more water, and didn't really consistently give enough water because plants grow and move (if you don't adjust the positioning every few days, the water can start missing all the leaves/branches). The AquaZamp Rain dome was a pretty good solution, but still let enough of the mist get to the floor that it was an issue (actually worked perfect for my caged chams.) To solve the issue, I created a little snap on part with screening which makes it work as if it were on top of a screen cage. It's perfect for my free range. I get a wide area of large drops and a very small amount of mist, and it's very easy to control/contain the runoff exactly where I want it. PROLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

azc2.jpg

azc1.jpg

az1.jpg

az4.jpg

az3.jpg

az2.jpg

casamnkmnk.jpg

^^^notice MonkMonk playing "climb the rope in gym class" :) ^^^

I've been free-ranging for several years now, and the biggest issue has always been water delivery and recovery. I built all kinds of different drippers/misting nozzles and tried just about everything you could think of. The misting seamed to annoy my chameleon, didn't get any really good concentrated areas of water, and would get a wide area of the floor damp. Dripping used much more water, and didn't really consistently give enough water because plants grow and move (if you don't adjust the positioning every few days, the water can start missing all the leaves/branches). The AquaZamp Rain dome was a pretty good solution, but still let enough of the mist get to the floor that it was an issue (actually worked perfect for my caged chams.) To solve the issue, I created a little snap on part with screening which makes it work as if it were on top of a screen cage. It's perfect for my free range. I get a wide area of large drops and a very small amount of mist, and it's very easy to control/contain the runoff exactly where I want it. PROLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

azc2.jpg

azc1.jpg

az1.jpg

az4.jpg

az3.jpg

az2.jpg

casamnkmnk.jpg

^^^notice MonkMonk playing "climb the rope in gym class" :) ^^^

all i have is "sweet"...i still just have a dripper separate of my mist nozzels, but i think i may make a small one of these too!!..good job (free ranging always has water issues but this definatley helps out to keep the drips in a smaller area)

Awesome Mod!

Shawn, this thing is great! I am glad you were able to make such a clean looking attachment!

For those of you in the LA area, I will have one on display at the AquaZamp booth at the Reptile Super Show in Pomona, CA.

Stop by and check it out!

Absolutely love your free-range. I've been hand misting mine and I'm always having to wipe the walls dry. Is that also a humidifier on the table?

Back
Top Bottom