Chameleons International
Mantis Place
Chamelicious Chameleons
Full Throttle Feeders
Educational Science
Phat Jack Farms
Snails In The Mail

1st place: $50 gift certificate :eek:
The winner of this contest may choose a gift certificate to one of the companies listed above. This should give the winner a nice choice of where to use their gift certificate. The certificate can not be split up and used at multiple places.

How to enter the contest:
contest entry deadline: Apr 18, 2017
  • To enter the contest click here and look for the Add Media button.
  • You are welcome to change your submitted image anytime before the entry deadline.

Rules:
Please view the contest rules before submitting a photo. Click here to access the contest rules.

dates
entry deadline: Apr 18
voting: Apr 19 - Apr 30
contest results will be announced on May 2 2017

Note:
Please review the contest rules. The photo entry period will be extended if a minimum of 10 valid entries have not been received.

Chameleon Forums reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. Please check this thread often if you are participating in the contest. Feel free to reply to this thread with questions if you have them.

I don't think people are reading the rules before they enter. Does it disqualify them if they have multiple entries? That might be in the rules somewhere.
If it's not, it should be. Like give them a warning the first time they do it. Then the next time, pull down their photos and disqualify them for that month. People need to read the rules!

We can change the photo we posted though? Just not have more than 1 is my understanding? I read through the rules, just wanted to make sure.

Are we surprised though that people don't want to read before doing lol?

Only one entry will be considered and yes, only one should be entered. You can change the photo as long as the first is removed. Each month multiple entries do occur. I asked @Brad if we can have a warning pop up when a second entry is added to perhaps ask if they want to replace the original or cancel entry so it will limit the amount of work to narrow the field each month. Hope that happens at some point.

After the entry deadline I usually review only the first image I encounter from each member. That is usually true even if a second or third image is better than the first. For that reason I strongly suggest members only have 1 photo in the contest by the entry deadline. Adding a feature to warn members will help and I'll try to get that implemented soon.

I had to go out of town unexpectedly, so voting will not begin until Saturday night. Sorry for any confusion that may cause.

Thank you everyone for your patience. A lot of great photos were entered this month. Voting will begin this evening :coffee:

update:
Reducing the entry count this month has been much more difficult than I anticipated. I should finish this afternoon and will open the polls asap.

Last edited:
Forgive my silly question - I've read the rules, etc, but somehow missed how I mark my vote? (This is the first contest I can vote in, my official "member" status is still shiny!)

Once the entry stage is closed, the admin will whittle the entries down to around 10 or so that we all get to vote on. On the home page, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page it currently says 'Photo Contest - Enter Now', but when voting is open the Vote Now button will be 'lit up'.

Once the entry stage is closed, the admin will whittle the entries down to around 10 or so that we all get to vote on. On the home page, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page it currently says 'Photo Contest - Enter Now', but when voting is open the Vote Now button will be 'lit up'.

Thank you!! I was worried it was "likes" or some star system maybe. That sounds nice & straightforward. So glad I get to play now, too!!

Back
Top Bottom