Appetite plus

Not using it yet was thinking about geting some for my veiled Cham not eating much and loading some weight

how old is your chameleon? Their eating habits slow down as they get older you know. Is his weight unhealthy looking to you?

Yes his tail looks to be geting thiner just don't know what to do he is acting fine just not interested in food

Sorry he is around 8 or 9 months I try to give him crickets, super worms, mealworms, wax worms, silkworms and butter worms

I am sure you have read on here about chameleons going on hunger strikes and getting bored with food. My chameon refused to eat crickets at about 7 months old and still will not touch them. It does, however, seem like you are offering a variety of feeders. How long has he been showing no interest in food? Has he quit eating altogether or just slowed down? Have you tried feeding him every other day instead of everyday?

He stopes for a week then started eating again and he stopes again a few days ago and no I have not tried every other day

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. He is eating and that is the main thing. Chameleons can go for quite awhile without eating, the drinking part is what you have to be more concerned with because of hydration. Try not offering him food everyday. Skip a day and see if he seems more interested. I don't know anything about appetite plus, but I don't think I would be giving my chameleon something like that unless it was absolutely necessary.

Just worried about him loseing weight but I will try tue every other day thing. Forgot to mention he went 2 days with out eating and tried to feed him today and no luck

Does he look as though he is losing weight? If so, then maybe a vet visit is in order. Don't want to scare you but sometimes a parasite can cause a loss of appetitie. Maybe you should get fecal done to be on the safe side. Most likely that is not what it is, but just be aware of that. Sometimes chams will lose their appetities for unknown reasons and they get it back. Could you post a few pics of him?

I will try to get some pics tomorrow took him to vet 3 weeks ago he said he looked fine but no fecal was done I will get it done as soon as I can how long does it take to find results of fecal

Is your cham drinking? I would give it a little more time and see if he doesn't eat over the next few days or so. If not then maybe I would get the fecal done. It is up to you. If you are really worried and you want to put your mind at ease then get him to a vet.

that is going to be up to your vet. Because you already have seen the vet, most likely they will do a fecal for you without seeing your chameleon. I would call the vet and explain the situation and see if you don't have to drag you chameleon out for no reason. Try and get a the freshest poop possible and put it in a plastic baggie with a wet paper towel so it doesn't dry out.

Ok thank u and I will the the help thing tomorrow when I get off work I going to bed right now thank u for all the help

Back
Top Bottom