Apogee Reptarium

AmbanjaLuver

I have been planning on buying an apogee reptarium. I have been thinking that they are metal wire mesh stuff, but after reading the description more carefully, see that they are nylon mesh :eek: . Now I am worried about getting one. Would the heat and UVB lamps burn the mesh? Would the nylon hold soggy bacteria? Will it rip easily? Please answer. I think that I might just free range now that I saw this. Maybe I just need reassurance. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Superworms can chew through the cages. They and somewhat flimsy. Bugs can somewhat hide more in there. You can not easily see into them like regular screen cages.

Amazon.com has screen cages under the pet section for very good prices. I always use amazon if I have to buy new cages.

Goodluck with your choice. Reptariums aren't bad because they are a decent price but visually they are not as appealing.

Superworms can chew through the cages. They and somewhat flimsy. Bugs can somewhat hide more in there. You can not easily see into them like regular screen cages.

Amazon.com has screen cages under the pet section for very good prices. I always use amazon if I have to buy new cages.

Goodluck with your choice. Reptariums aren't bad because they are a decent price but visually they are not as appealing.

Is this a good one???:
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Repti...d=1371366500&sr=8-3&keywords=screen+terrarium

This one is a little smaller and about half the price... They arent as cheap as they normally are on there right now :/ normally they have the 18x18x36 for around 65.

Yup I own that one and it works perfectly. No complaints. I even broke a part of the door and emailed the company. They said they'd email me a new one if I paid for shipping. I emailed them back saying that would not be a problem and two days later the part showed up at my door and I hadnt even paid for shipping! I would avoid the mesh cage and check out the DIY cages cause they can be cheap too.

I've own a metal mesh cage and I think they are not nearly as great in comparison. They rust and aren't worth the money. People complain that they are flimsy but you can fasten the nylon to the frame and its fine. You can spend a fraction of the money and give your Cham a bigger home. I strongly suggest it

Only but from reptile direct its so inexpensive it's insane
http://www.reptiledirect.com/apogeereptariums.aspx

here's my cage half finished

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 226
I've own a metal mesh cage and I think they are not nearly as great in comparison. They rust and aren't worth the money. People complain that they are flimsy but you can fasten the nylon to the frame and its fine. You can spend a fraction of the money and give your Cham a bigger home. I strongly suggest it

exactly where I recently bought mine. Rex and I love it, it is great for the price. I would Strongly rekamend(forgot how to spell) reptariums

Agreed...Metal or reptarium, you will have pros and cons. I personally love my reptariums.

Last edited:
sorry i didn't mean rust i meant corrode, i can even take a picture of mine and show you. its shitty and i spent just about 100 on it and its an 18X18X36 reptibreeze

So lets here some pros for the reptarium. Like asked earlier will the lights melt it if u sit them in top? I heard they allow very little light in and I have heard that feeders have a tendency to chew through it

No it will not melt. It is commercial grade nylon that will withstand 350F so you are fine. You can even set them on top but if you have a higher basking spot obviously suspend the lights. The nylon is great if your chameleon rubs. Mine did it in his aluminum cage and it was bad because it made an abrasion causing an abcess unfortunately- ( which was treated by a vet)
Since the mesh is fine it retains much much more moisture then aluminum enclosures and if you have a mistking you will see close to no overspray. As for it filtering light- all enclosures will filter it to some degree because their is a barrier. If you buy quality lighting it will not be an issue because they are made by people who understand some of it will not go through mesh.

Back
Top Bottom