Anyway to make him poop?

farrahsc

My poor little senegal is going to the vet tomorrow for a fecal and to check out his tongue. He pooped today in my hand and before I thought I grabbed a paper towel and wiped it off. Is there anyway I can get him to poop again in the next 20 hours lol? I have fed him his baby food/medicine mixture and gave him his pedialyte. I'm also misting him several times a day. Any ideas?

Lol I can feed him again when I get home from work and I'm going to try a warm shower. I' not sure what else I can do.

If you didnt toss the trash you could save the poop on the napkin. Just put it in a plastic baggie and save it in the fridge. It just has to stay somewhat moist. You dont have to have a whole lot to do a fecal so if you can save just a little it should be enough.

If you feed him a bit extra as mentioned he will most likely donate while at the vets. Several of mine like to donate On the poor vet.:eek:

Did you throw the paper towel away? It doesn't have to be perfectly intact feces to be able to do testing on it. If there's some globs still on the paper towel it might be enough to do what you need.

Do not ever give mineral oil if your cham is having difficulty swallowing, especially with a tongue issue! Aspirating mineral oil is a quick route to death.

I did save the paper towel and put it in a baggie in the fridge just in case. He still hasn't pooped so I'm really hoping he does before we go lol. Sorry for the odd question.

I did save the paper towel and put it in a baggie in the fridge just in case. He still hasn't pooped so I'm really hoping he does before we go lol. Sorry for the odd question.

Noth'n odd about it. I seen many, many poop questions here!;)

Back
Top Bottom