Anything I can fix or change?

FupaLord117

Chameleon Info:
* Your Chameleon - Female veiled chameleon. was told she was about 4 months old and had her for about a week
* Handling - I do not handle her, i don’t want to stress her out in her new home
* Feeding - I feed her medium sized crickets dusted with Repti calcium without d3 (also have the one with d3 but don’t know when to start giving it to her and the schedule to keep) I give her about 6-8, 2 hours after her light comes on everyday and I feed the crickets calcium blocks and that yellow water gel( if their is anything better I can feed the crickets please tell me preferably already made)
* Supplements - I dust my crickets with Repti calcium without d3 every time I feed her and also have the Repti calcium with d3 and zoo med Reptivite reptile vitamins with d3 but unsure when to use these.
* Watering - I use an DIY misting system that starts at 8:30 am and runs for 30 seconds every two hours until 8 pm. I usually see her biting/licking the leaves off for water
* Fecal Description - The poop is usually black and looks hard and with something white at the end(don’t know if that’s the pee?) not tested for parasites.
* History - not any that I know of

Cage Info:
* Cage Type - Screen cage 32x16x30(2 cages put together)
* Lighting - 75w zoo med basking bulb and a 18 inch Repti sun 5.0 uvb bulb both turn on at 7 am and off at 8 am
* Temperature - At the basking spot it’s around 90 f and my room never drops below 80 f only barely at night staying around 75-80 ( don’t know if the basking light is accurate because I use a regular thermometer and understand that I need to get a digital meter)
* Humidity - Don’t know. I’m in the process of getting one
* Plants - I have and umbrella plant with 2 other plants that I don’t know the name, but my brother is the one that got them and told me he looked up the plants to make sure they were safe(I will get the names of the other two when I can).
* Placement - my cage is located in my bedroom and really there really isn’t any traffic going by besides me
* Location - near Las Angeles, California

Current Problem - just wanted to know where I can improve and if you have anymore questions just ask.

If you want pre-made or quick and easy gutload I'd go with Repashy Bug Burger or Superload or Cricket Crack. Cricket Crack and Superload can be fed dry. With Superload and Bug Burger you can add water to it and make it into a gel that way they get water and food. Stay away from Fluckers unless it's just the clear water crystals. There is little to no nutritional value for our chameleons in Fluckers diet.
Supplements should be Calcium NO D3 everyday, Calcium + D3 once every 2 weeks, Reptivite once every 2 weeks.
Misting needs to be longer sessions. 2 minutes minimum.
The white of the poop is called the urate (pee) and it should stay white meaning your chameleon is well hydrated.
You will want to increase her cage size to at least a 2'x2'x4' at some point.
You need a digital thermometer and hydrometer. ZooMed makes a decent digital combo meter for around $20. Basking spot for a young veiled should not be over 85* and humidity should stay between 40-70% being on the higher side at night.

Ok thanks guys. I will try updating you guys with my progress and if there is anything else I can approve please tell me. I want to make my chameleon as happy as she can be.

Got the bug burger and made it into gel and it’s the first time I seen them grub Also put the mister to 1 minute just to see if the tray I have can handle it and hopefully I can put it to 2 minutes in the coming days

Got the bug burger and made it into gel and it’s the first time I seen them grub Also put the mister to 1 minute just to see if the tray I have can handle it and hopefully I can put it to 2 minutes in the coming days
I usually give my crickets options. I'll throw some dry in there, with some bug burger, and bee pollen. They go absolutely insane for bee pollen!

Back
Top Bottom