Anything else I’m going to need?? What I’ve bought so far for my Jackson’s chameleon

I did buy a clear shower curtain and affixed it to my enclosure using those picture hanging sticky strips but on the metal framing around the top, not where my Cham could get to the sticky part. Words and names of things are failing me tonight. Lol! This shower curtain barely fits around my 16 by 16 enclosure! I’ll have to buy two to fit around my 24 by 24 enclosure I’m getting this week! I also found a couple of small money trees today and another Schefflera plant so I’m hoping that when I set up my big enclosure I can get rid of the fake plants.

Ok, I got an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier at target and set it all up. I used one of my new c-pap hoses and taped it over The cool mist spout and put the top of the hose on top of my enclosure and taped it in place. It’s blowing cool mist right over the top of the enclosure but I’m not sure if this is safe for the lights up there. Of course they’re off now but they come on automatically at 7am. Will this make them short out or cause a fire??

Update, the cool mist evidently isn’t going down into the enclosure, just skimming over the top. Now hat? There’s been no change in my humidity in the cage.

I’ll post one in the am. My lights are out so Eustis can sleep. I managed to slide the tubing into a space between the shower curtain and the enclosure near the top so my humidity is up to 74% near the bottom and 72% near the middle of the enclosure.

Planet Remulak Thank you so so much!! That looks like it would be awesome and inexpensive! Have you tried this yet on your enclosure? If so did it work well?

i don’t actually have it all set up yet. I just ordered the tray and the risers, and I don’t think my chameleon will be ready to ship for another week or so. 😭 I‘ve seen this very set up mentioned in the below thread, though!

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/improving-my-drainage-system.179745/

I just bought a small one at Walmart a few years ago that cools my small apartment really well and I set up my Jackson’s enclosure next to it.

I just bought a small one at Walmart a few years ago that cools my small apartment really well and I set up my Jackson’s enclosure next to it.
Is it a window cooler? I’d like to get an AC for my office/future cham room. We’ve got central heat and air, but when you live in an already hot climate, what it costs to keep your house cool all day gets ridiculous fast. :(

Back
Top Bottom