Anyone use reptisoil?

@Extensionofgreen i have a quick question just to clear up the last of my soil issues, if you get a moment i'd appreciate the help.

Since i'm trying to bioactive route, it will be in deep flower pots with drainage holes instead of a glass tank, should i use the hydro balls at the bottom still? Or should i skip out on that?

Also, i've seen my panther bite rocks a couple times in his old cage, and gnaws on a branch occasionally, but never went for soil. If he would ever happen to dig through the leaves and take a mouthful of the sunshine mix 4, would it be reason for worry? I just figured if he really tried he could probably get to it. Not that i've ever seen him try to do this.

There is no soil mix, that a veiled chameleon or any chameleon could consume in large quantities and be without risk. Sunshine mix should not provide any increased risk, as all of the particles are small enough to pass through the gut, but a chameleon determined to consume inordinate amount of soil is always at risk. If it is ever an issue you can cover the soil with window screen or lighting grid and then leaves.
You don't need to use hydro balls, but if you wanted a cheaper option and to provide a drainage layer, buy a couple bags of lava rock from Lowes or Home Depot.

Back
Top Bottom