Anyone see that reptile killing kid in Australia?

That little bastard needs a ride to juevenille hall. Odd that kids under 10 are not held accountable for their actions.

I saw this on the news. :( That kid needs some serious help. A 7 year old should know better. I can't imagine any of the kids I know even thinking about doing something like that. It's a shame he won't be held responsible.

It's very sad.
Of particular interest is the fact that the boy was expressionless during questioning and shows no remorse.
My research on developmental stages in children and rehabilitation in children is rather extensive, and as you know Frank and I have two foster children in our home now (who we are planning to adopt).
Thankfully our children show strong signs of having been nurtured and display empathy, caring, love and remorse.
The truly sad thing is that this child cannot be truly rehabilitated (in my opinion) the window of time for the stage of development that allows a person to love and be loved, have empathy, etc ... is from zero to 6 months old.
Once that window of time is over ... it's done.
The blame falls completely on the parents. It is our belief that babies should be held. There is no such thing as a spoiled baby or a manipulative baby.
And if the parents were neglectful in providing the proper attention, love and security ... people don't realize how much is really happening in that first year.

-Brad

Boy, giving the chance if i was thats kids parents they'd probably be throwin me in jail for abuse... id teach that boy a lesson he'd never forget.

its such a horrible crime, and act of violence against any animal. this is just to cruel..

It's very sad.
Of particular interest is the fact that the boy was expressionless during questioning and shows no remorse.
My research on developmental stages in children and rehabilitation in children is rather extensive, and as you know Frank and I have two foster children in our home now (who we are planning to adopt).
Thankfully our children show strong signs of having been nurtured and display empathy, caring, love and remorse.
The truly sad thing is that this child cannot be truly rehabilitated (in my opinion) the window of time for the stage of development that allows a person to love and be loved, have empathy, etc ... is from zero to 6 months old.
The blame falls completely on the parents. It is our belief that babies should be held. There is no such thing as a spoiled baby or a manipulative baby.
And if the parents were neglectful in providing the proper attention, love and security ... people don't realize how much is really happening in that first year.

-Brad

I agree whole heartedly, Brad. It makes the story all the more scary. I would not want to be this boy's neighbor, or schoolteacher, coworker or even an acquaintance in years to come. Intentional calculated animal abuse, as we see here, can be a precurser to even more horrible, unspeakable behaviors. These days law enforcement is pretty savvy to this profile and will likely keep an eye on this kid.

It's very sad.

-Brad

With my understanding of attachment theory, it is from 6 months onwards when attachment behaviour starts to form and it's 2-3 years of age where the window of opportunity lies to help these children. Research has shown how poor attachment styles can damage the infants developing brian.

I can not imagin what goes on inside the head of a child like that!!!! I had a pet rabbit a few years back now that was taken from its hutch and kicked to death by a young lad (too young to be held responsible). Actually the rabbit was still just alive and I stayed with it until it passed away. It was too badly beaten to have survived and and only lived for a couple of minutes. I was devestated!!! Even worse though was the fact that this lad had killed a rabbit the same way only a couple of years earlier. The police said that without taking it all through court there was nothing that could be done because it was my word against his parents (the boys parents said that it ws not him and he had been at home all evening) I often wonder what kind of adult he will become

Hey all,

That kids realy sick doing stuff like that.
But another thing that happened was:
A guy i think here in SA i think bought a puppy husky and he had a parrot and the little puppy got hold of the bird and killed it.
So the guy got realy mad and got his gardener to hold up the dog and he chainsawed the dogs head right off!
It got in the news and then the next day or week the guy was killed in a car accident.
Serious karma there.

Having worked for the Department of Juvenile Justice in Colorado at the Golden Facility for 17 years, I saw many children come through the system where they had done horrible things. I am not defending them at all, but to say "if i was his parents i would knock his block off something fierce! " is probably the reason why this damaged child did this. His parents could be abusive to him, leading him to be abusive to animals.

Without the option of putting this child into health care services he will grow up to be a dangerous man, if he lives that long. It indeed is a very sad story and one with no happy ending for anyone.

yes unfortunatly I think that you are right. There seem to be sooo many emotionly damaged children!! It is freightening. I guess that there are many of them who do battle and manage to overcome their situations but many are scard for life and turn into horrible adults. At a place I worked at once I was shocked at the amount of teenagers who were strugling with various things (not related to that work place I might add) ie anorexia/self harm/drug abuse/sexual abuse.... I mean what is happening to these kids! Kids should be nurtured loved and protected so that they do make good choices, care for themselves, other people and animals and they CAN deal with the stuff that life throws at them when they are adult. That said I don't think that people are out of order to say they would be angry at anyone for doing what that kid did. If a child of mine did that I would be fuming! (no Id never hit my kids LOL) but can you imagin how angry you would be if that was a child of yours!

Boca, don't get me wrong, there is ABUSE, and then there is well better way to put this corporal punishment with restraint.. don't get me wrong i had the shit kicked/kicked/slapped/close handed hit outta me by an alcoholic father, i didn't turn out like this kid.... and so i honestly will never lift a hand to my child. but in this case the child had obvious psychological problems to begin with, not to mention either lack of parental guidance or perhaps horrible parental abuse, but it was more then just his parents involved.

this child is obviously disturbed. hopefully the zoo will find some kind of restitution from the childs parents.

You can't hold a 7 year old child accountable. This boy needs professional help! He's definitely crying out loud that he needs it. That is very abnormal for someone that young to act that way. Who should be held accountable for his action is his parents. Blame it on neglect or abuse by his parents and his surroundings. The zoo should be held accountable also. Not only should they be responsible for keeping things in but also keeping things out within reason. Now for a 7 year old kid to be able to go undetected and cause all that havoc does not sound like the zoo was well secured. Gross negligence on their part. If anything the zoo was very lucky the boy did not end up getting seriously hurt or killed. I know some of you think that would've been the better outcome. If that is the case, than that kind of mentality is no better than the child (the only difference is at your age you know better). It's a disregard for the value of life. After all does anyone choose to be a killer or does it make more sense that something traumatic happened in one's life to make someone kill. This kid needs lots of help, attention and most of all love (not more neglect & abuse)!

undoubtedly that the kid really do need help and his parents need to be brought up to reality of the consequences of letting this thing happened.
I do agree with chameleonator.

How the HECK a little kid (7 yo) can prance around into the crocodile habitat?
I would be worry bringing my kids to the zoo where the security system can be broken by a 7 year old.
Unbelievable!!

I agree with everything you have said Brad, Bocajan & a few others have said.....how true!

I dont think this kid really has any idea of what his actions have been and how that is going to affect the rest of his life.

For the rest of us its easy to judge......and for 1 minute I do not accept what this kid has done, but seeing this story on the news caught my attention as I am Australian and I thought it was disgusting and for a quick moment a joke.

I think it is horrific and I am not making excuses for him but...and a big but you have to realize what this kids life is like. 5 years ago his older brother was caught for a similar offence for abuse in the same zoo towards a crocodile.

It is a cry for help out of desperation. This happened in the Northern Territory and this kid is a Native Australian (Aboriginal) and the only thing I can compare their living conditions and life to is like the American Indians. Our Governement puts them in reservations and they live in sub human poor conditions with little or no education, insufficient housing, no access to medication, little or no nutrition, high unemployement, boredom and addictions to alcohol and substance abuse and a complete breakdown in family values and the loss of their native traditions. In some parts of Australia where they live it has been described as a third world country (no sewerage, no electricity, no clean runnign water, no housing) and this makes me highly ashamed that no matter how much we protest to our government, have sorry marches for the harm we have done in the past that they do very little but hand our money to them which just puts them back into the same cycle of addictions and poverty.

Now I dont know this kids background but its really high chances he comes from a background like this. The reptiles in the park have better access to food and medical help than some of these communities.

Blame the kid...no. Get him the help he needs. Blame the parents (if you can call them that)...yes...blame our Government...definately!

Back
Top Bottom