Anyone know the best way to heat a room?

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
I've heard oil heaters are the most efficient? Trying to find something to keep on 24/7 to heat a room to 80s/90 where in the winter it drops to the negatives at times(Pennsylvania).

Would appreciate suggestions!

I would think a radiator type would work more efficiently and would be safer and cleaner than oil heaters.

I have one of the metal space heaters that are free standing. They have mineral oil in them. I picked one up on sale a few days ago for 45 bucks. If it was a smaller room I think you could get to high 70's or maybe 80's not sure about higher.

I have a large wood shop, connected to that is a 12x12 room I use as a kiln to dry out all my wet lumber. This is the only heat source I use in it and it will easily get up to 150F, minimal insulation, 32f outside. But this same unit can be used inside your home on an ultra low setting. Highly recommend. TURBRO Arcade HR1015 Electric Mica Heater 1500W, ETL & CA Prop 65 Certified Micathermic Flat-Panel Heater with Adjustable Thermostat, Quiet for Home and Office 120V (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QC359K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MhdKCb01SZ86E

I have a large wood shop, connected to that is a 12x12 room I use as a kiln to dry out all my wet lumber. This is the only heat source I use in it and it will easily get up to 150F, minimal insulation, 32f outside. But this same unit can be used inside your home on an ultra low setting. Highly recommend. TURBRO Arcade HR1015 Electric Mica Heater 1500W, ETL & CA Prop 65 Certified Micathermic Flat-Panel Heater with Adjustable Thermostat, Quiet for Home and Office 120V (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QC359K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MhdKCb01SZ86E
This bad boy looks much better then the one I got lol

A lot of the reviews say it stopped working, how do you feel about leaving one on 24/7? This will be for heating an animal/feeder room separate from our house.

I like this idea, might have to try it out. I use a space heater in my insect room in the basement. I don't think it's very efficient though. It's one of the cheaper ones from the local hardware store. Does the job but I did notice my electric bill is quite a bit higher.

All of my critters (and myself) live in a basement suite (~500sqft) that tends to get a bit cold, especially in the winter. I've had a great experience so far with my oil radiator, and have barely seen a bump in my electricity bill! I can easily maintain high 80's, though I usually set it to low-mid 70's. Much more efficient than a fan space heater!

im in NJ near the PA border and probably fight the same weather/temps you do. i have one of those free standing radiator type heaters. thats does the trick. it does affect my electric bill so i try to use sdparingly plus any added heat caused dryness ie less humindity so be aware of that and monitor it and adjust accordingly. my guy is in a screen cage inside a stand up greenhouse i set in my basement. it was my best option for space, humidity, low people traffic and keeping bugs away from my wife lol.

Back
Top Bottom