anyone know gender?

Sengalchamy

i just got my senegal cham and i would like to know its gender also i've had it for a few days and it hasnt eaten anything except for two crix any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_1294.JPG
    IMG_1294.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1298.PNG
    IMG_1298.PNG
    757.8 KB · Views: 87
Hello. I am not sure of the gender but I am seeing multiple husbandry issues here. I am not familiar with this species so I cannot help with a form so I will attach one and have another member help.

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
Photos can be very helpful.

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? had him/her for 5 days not sure of the age
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? never handle
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? tried feeding crixs roaches and mealworms only ate 2 crixs
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? use sticky tongue farms calcium
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? i mist 4 times a day he/she is drinking
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? never seen his droppings and hasnt been tested
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. wild caught

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 16/16/30 mesh cage but plastic wrap around 3 sides too keep humidity up
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? using 2 uvb lights and a heat bulb
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? have a thermometer for humidity and heat from 70 to 90 bottom to top
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? humidity usually around 30 to 50 percent
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? pothos plant
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? its near a window but not loud and its on a dresser table
Location - Where are you geographically located? arizona pheonix area

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. not eating

I know nothing about senegal chameleons. @kinyonga do you know how to tell gender and the husbandry for them?

The lighting is incorrect @Sengalchamy No red lights at all just a regular incandescent white bulb. And the compact UVB should not be used. You want a linear fixture. t5ho with a 5.0 bulb.

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? had him/her for 5 days not sure of the age
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? never handle
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? tried feeding crixs roaches and mealworms only ate 2 crixs Did you leave the crickets in the cage?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? use sticky tongue farms calcium With or without D3? No vitamins?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? i mist 4 times a day he/she is drinking A dripper would be a good addition. Make sure it drinks...with Senegals I find it to be important.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? never seen his droppings and hasnt been tested
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. wild caught

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 16/16/30 mesh cage but plastic wrap around 3 sides too keep humidity up A bigger cage would be better.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? using 2 uvb lights and a heat bulb What brand and type of UVB lights are you using? Long linear? Coiled? What heat bulb are you using? All lights are off at night?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? have a thermometer for humidity and heat from 70 to 90 bottom to top
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? humidity usually around 30 to 50 percent
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? pothos plant
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? its near a window but not loud and its on a dresser table
Location - Where are you geographically located? arizona pheonix area

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. not eating

I'm not sure if the sex ATM. I need better photos with the tail straight out.

i did leave the crickets in the cage but they didnt seem to bother him/her i have a dripper forgot to include that in description the calcium has d3 and i only leave the heat lamp on at night but i just read that i should probably turn it off as it is said to affect sleep using coil bulbs 5.0 two of them

There should be no lights on at night.

Even if you get Senegals as wc's they can do well for you once acclimated.

Here's an article you might be interested in reading. It's a few years old but most of the information is still correct. It's just the reproductive info that might need updating IMHO...
http://www.chameleonnews.com/08FebFrancis.html

If you're going to leave crickets in the cage then I would put a small amount of greens and veggies in a lid on the floor ofmthencage for them to eat.

Also...your cage needs more plants for cover and branches for the chameleon to walk/climb on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom