Anyone know a way to control or eliminate the little flies that hatch from potted plants?

Sorry - my post might have been misleading. I meant to emphasize that my chams have zero chance of getting near a trap. I like the carnivorous plants too but haven’t been able to find any locally.
I ordered my SunDew's online, they shipped packed in a baggie with the roots wrapped in wet paper towels, they came with the pots and moss to plant them in, I planted them two days ago and so far they have snagged about 30 gnats!!!! LOVE THEM!!

I got my plants here, they came with pots and moss and everything needed as well as super detailed instructions on how to pot them and care for them, they have already started sprouting new leaves and I just potted them two days ago!! So far they are working like a charm!!! I will probably order some different ones just because this website has some super cool plants!! https://predatoryplants.com/

I got my plants here, they came with pots and moss and everything needed as well as super detailed instructions on how to pot them and care for them, they have already started sprouting new leaves and I just potted them two days ago!! So far they are working like a charm!!! I will probably order some different ones just because this website has some super cool plants!! https://predatoryplants.com/

Thank you! I just ordered two sundews for $31 shipped. I like the $5 flat rate shipping!

With all respect to you, don’t you think if someone was having problems with them, that they’d want them gone completely?

I agree... nobody wants pests flying around their house. I had that problem too i was actually wondering what they came from. Now i know... they are seriously ANNOYING

Sundews probably wouldn't do well in the enclosure without a lot of light and proper soil. I went through a soil gnat problem a few years ago and can speak for the carnivorous plants... I had THOUSANDS and within a week 2 butterworts and 2 sundews wiped them out. Sundews are the best IME, but even pitchers will do a pretty good job.
Yes sundews was about to say same thing if you listen to chameleon breeder podcast on carnivorous plants he talks specifically about plants for this. just have to make a shelf close to basking area of your cage as you say they need lots of light

I just got this little gem today from Amazon, this works GREAT!! Technically you run it at night so the little buggers are attracted to the light but I turned it on and have already trapped at least 50!! TOTALLY worth the money, I was being taken over by the tiny demons!!
DEDF4627-DF08-401F-AF6E-F657D67625C9.jpeg

How much for the tiny demon remover?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B6RZP4H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered a set of extra sticky cards as well, I think they were like $9 for eight more, it comes with 4, I'm actually thinking of setting it in the bottom of Ripley's enclosure for a night, it is fully enclosed so there is no possible way for him to get to the sticky card, not sure I will do that yet, going to see how well it does just next to the enclosure for a few days. These damn gnats are ridiculous, they are EVERYWHERE!!!

My cham wont eat them, theyre too small. But they are pesky little buggers!!! I need a tiny demon remover.
mine won't eat them either, and I have plants outside his enclosure as well, it was like they just started multiplying by the thousands!!!. I got these sticky stakes to try in the plants outside his enclosure and caught a ton, but they were still coming, so I upped my game and got this!!! so far its working great and it has only been on for a couple of hours, there are at lease 60 gnats in the trap!!

I have so many plants. Inside, outside, everywhere. Ive always had this issue. Didnt ever ask for a solution.....an open mouth gets fed!

thanks but I have 3 sundews, and they were not cutting it. just sharing my experience

Post a picture of them then? I can promise I had a worse fungus gnat problem in my bio set ups than anyone on this forum. And I truly mean that with no intent to make it a competition. Sundews solved it. I tried everything from vinegar traps to sticky traps. Nothing came close. Fruit flies on the other hand seem to ignore the sundews

It's all good! I didn't mean to come off rude lol just playing around, but seriously some good sundews are amazing. They do not seem to get the fruit flies though, mostly the soil/fungus gnats.

Back
Top Bottom