Anyone in northern states using an automister?

Kimmers

I live in Wisconsin and just bought an Aquazamp raindome system. I'm looking for input from my :cool: cold winter neighbors. I realize the relative humidity of our individual homes is varied but I need a starting point. What is the frequency and duration of your mistings?

Elodin's viv is 24x24x48" and has an Umbrella tree, orchid, Staghorn fern and some Tilandsia.

Thanks, Kim

I live in Wisconsin and just bought an Aquazamp raindome system. I'm looking for input from my :cool: cold winter neighbors. I realize the relative humidity of our individual homes is varied but I need a starting point. What is the frequency and duration of your mistings?

Elodin's viv is 24x24x48" and has an Umbrella tree, orchid, Staghorn fern and some Tilandsia.

Thanks, Kim

Well, maybe we should ask you what the ambient humidity level is where you have your cham's setup. I know it will change with season, but right now, in the room where the cage is, what is the RH range?

Here's how I work out how often and how long to mist a cage:

Get the hygrometer placed and let the reading settle. Record it.
Mist the cage however long you are doing it now, and record the resulting humidity level. Too high? Too low still? Just right?
Let the cage dry and watch the humidity level fall as it does.
Record how long it takes the cage to get TOO dry, and how low the humidity gets.
Mist again until the humidity rises to your desired level.

This tells you how long between misting cycles you can go and how long to mist again to get back to the level you want to maintain.

Well, that would be a weekend thing as I work fulltime. I had just gotten an AquaZamp with raindome last weekend. I was looking for a baseline. I just guessed. It's Saturday. Now I have time to experiment.

I have a similar issue in north east ohio. Where does everyone take their ambient RH? Outside the cage in the area or in the cage towards the middle or bottom part of enclosure?

Back
Top Bottom