Anyone in Massachusetts know of where I can get helix aspersa snails?

how do chameleons eat snails if they have a hard shell also my and my cousins found a grasshopper and fed it to Bruce when he launched his tongue it just grabbed the head so the grasshopper got decapitated but Bruce don't waste food so he went back for the twitching body
I’ve never fed snails, but I assume the shells are fragile or brittle enough to be crushed by powerful little cham jaws. The snails are small I think.

Cool! Are they difficult to keep?
Not at all. Just a reasonable sized tank - 10 gallon - with about 2 inches of potted soil that you mist twice a day (so they can burrow and lay eggs). Just make sire they have access to fresh dark green leafy veggies, carrots, cucumber and calcium block and they'll multiply like crazy.

A science supply house may have them. You can also find them on ebay (make sure they are in your state unless you have the proper permits on both sides otherwise)

yeah i got 2 med sized ones from ebay shipped from CA to MA. I've had em about a week now and hoping for babies soon bc thats the only way these will be consumable (adults r WAY too big for my cham to eat and very thick shells). also who knows what parasites they could have. but they currently eat like 2 cups of vegetables a day and are extremely active. great second pet / cham side quest.

how do chameleons eat snails if they have a hard shell also my and my cousins found a grasshopper and fed it to Bruce when he launched his tongue it just grabbed the head so the grasshopper got decapitated but Bruce don't waste food so he went back for the twitching body
From what I've understood their stomach acid or whatever they use to digest things takes care of the shell 🐚 🚫

Back
Top Bottom