Anyone in maryland know a petstore for pinheadcrickets or fruit flies?

happiness

I didn't rotate my fruit fly cultures enough and now I'm down to about 100 fruit flies total out of 9 containers and I used the last of my tiny crickets :( I have 2 producing cultures that will be a while before the fruit flies even pupae.

anyone know any stores that sell crickets or more fruit flies I can buy in DC, Annapolis, Baltimore area? I know petsmart has TINY vials of fruit flies.

I have roaches and silkworms (not a lot of tiny silkworms left). I worry that the nymph dubia roaches I have may be too big.

Wet pet reptile center, Essex maryland has everything, petco carries jars of fruit flies as well. 500ct. But there 10 bucks. Bloodsuckers

Might have to go with the fruit flies from petco. The Essex petstore doesn't haw any pinheads in stock and another petstore, they have small crickets at 12 for $1, it sounded like they weren't going to be tiny enough.

Do the containers at petco say 500 ct? I called a petco and the employee said he estimated about 50-60 maybe more fruit flies in one $10 container @.@

Last edited:
I bought a fruit fly culture from petco last week. They came in a jar. It had maybe a few hundred in there when I bought it. Now there's more than 1000 in there maybe 2000. It's out of control. I almost bought 2. I'm so glad I didn't. And I've been taking out a bunch everyday. On the container it shows that they came from timberline.
I went to petsmart first. All they had were little plastic viles.
Hope this helps.

I bought a fruit fly culture from petco last week. They came in a jar. It had maybe a few hundred in there when I bought it. Now there's more than 1000 in there maybe 2000. It's out of control. I almost bought 2. I'm so glad I didn't. And I've been taking out a bunch everyday. On the container it shows that they came from timberline.
I went to petsmart first. All they had were little plastic viles.
Hope this helps.

I ended up buying 2 fruit fly cultures from timberline too. There was one jar with 50% off (only $5!) as it was made just before march which was great because its producing and has a lot of flies in it. I got an extra one just incase. Hoping to see 2000 in both. :D

I tried petsmart first as well. I called ahead and was told it was 500 count in a medium size vile. When I got there I looked in the one and only vile to see about 5 TOTAL tinest fruit flies in this vile. There was no food at the bottom either and it was the only one they had left.

Thanks for the replies. I had no idea any petco would sell pinhead crickets.

Back
Top Bottom