Anyone in barrie to toronto ontario canada

Born

My cham had a fall a couple weeks back and swelling occured.
I wanna take him to the vet but the one vet I called said they do reptiles but not chams and thats all I have close to me so a trip is needed but where to.
I need some one good with chams from barrie to Toronto area in Ontario Canada.

It wont be till next week I can get him due to long weekend right now and work alot weekdays
But I did splint it for the first 2 weeks then he got it off and is using said leg time
He still isn't using his front.
Both hurt legs are on right side.
He eating fine drinks fine
I shower him every few days as well. But yea seems fine just wanna make sure this can heal well and that its not something more concerning

Swelling at both joint

Attachments

• 20210905_175554.jpg
    20210905_175554.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 82
Tank 250g
I spray it 3 times daily along with rain system going off every 4 hours
Uvb bulbs 3
Heat lamp
Planted with a lot of plants
Daily feeding when he will take them
Some days hes fussy

Eats well hand fed
And drinks every few days probs more often I just see it every few days.

So I dont belive its fully husbandry besides me allowing him to fall sadly I do apologize. I use a stick to hold him and I guess he just fell idk what happened I was facing away.
But the swelling worries me
My first cham
Im snack owner so I dont have viable vet yet
Okay I thinks that all I can say
Any hell would be great
But he is eating and moving and doing everything normal I just see a hanging arm once in awhile so no rush but ido wish to get this delt with soon
My poor Allan

He also gets Calcium with no d3 every day not crazy amount but light dusting and his vitamins once a week to every other week
Criskets dusted with cal always and maybe a work once in a while but he really doesn't like them

I've always gone to the OVC in Guelph...but that's a bit far...and the vets change frequently since it's a teaching hospital.
Where do you live @Born ?

I wish I had a better answer for you.
That's all good boss. I happened to be good with reptiles as I've owned them for a couple decades now.. but this is my first cham so im a rookie again.
But I did do a splint on my own and lotts of hydration and light
He got it off thou

But still a vet would be best.

I hate being in the sticks
Weeks of reserch and I havnt found a vet to help.
I found one but they were on vacation and now are booked up full like FML
So yea im worried. Its not getting much better but it has gone down in swelling.
The color is more dark than before and why im so worried now. Hes acting fine thou. Even when I touched it the one day to make sure it wasn't puss and he didn't mind and it was hard like bone. So I assume broken knee. But I need a vet so hope in 2 weeks to 3 I can get in to this one.

Will 3 weeks be to long. Its the best I can do

Attachments

• 20210926_132505.jpg
    20210926_132505.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 60
Also notice the other leg got a tad dark and little puffy but I cant fully tell.
Wondering if this lil guy had something else going on like gout or whatever.
I dont beleive he hurt that arm in the fall so im very worried now thinking he's already healed from the fall and this is something much worst.
He used it fine that day it all happened.

I will add its not that dark aroumd the knee. my camera did embalish it a bit and he was in his darkest form. But still not good
It looks more like this but as you can see hes using it just swollen and dark
20210926_141006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom