Anyone heard of a non receptive male?

Autoreiji

So I'm breeding panther chameleons. I've had no problems with most of mine so far. I know what to look out for in terms of females being receptive and what to look out for. My problem is 2 of my males. 2 males I have go beserk whenever they see a female and all goes well. But the other two... one is totally uninterested, like so uninterested you could literally house a female with him and he wouldn't care (I don't). But shows no interest in any female. The other male just displays fear. Puffs up and tries to attack if a female gets too close (he's fine with me). Any ideas? Both in good health. Both housed on their own as should be. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Absolutely! Especially this time of the year! Come summer give him some real sunshine! I promise he will see things in a different light! Lol
Thanks for such a quick reply dude. So would it bea uv issue then? Or temperature? I'm in South UK so he'll be waiting quite a while for some real sun haha

Im in the same boat, have a beautiful ambanja pair i bought specifically for a new breeding project. Ive been trying to breed them for months with no luck, tired every trick there is. Im almost ready to accept he swings the other way or hes a dud.

In the wild there is a breeding season where their hormones peak and a time when they wane. In captivity under artificial lights it can be random or out of sink with the northern hemisphere in the case of wild caught. You may see a dulling of their coIors at this time. I would give them another chance this spring as mentioned above.

I wonder if doing what you do for frogs would work.

Raise heat a bit. Increase food intake. And mist more to simulate the rainy season.

Thanks all for the help and answers. Think I'll just give it a couple months to heat up down south and see if some sunshine helps

Back
Top Bottom