Anyone have crested geckos

Pistachiochameleon

Established Member
I had a couple leopard geckos before I moved out of state.. they were real pals. And I enjoyed keeping them. Unfortunately I had to re-home them when I moved. Anyways I’m looking into getting a crested gecko. I already have a large vertical glass enclosure I’m picking up tomorrow... and looking through different breeders to get the gecko somtime after the tanks set. Anyways, does anyone have experience with them or anything I should keep in mind? Thank you In advance. This forum really saved me and the Cham

Myself and @ashton0845 keep crested and other New Caledonian Geckos. They are relatively easy to keep and breed from my understanding. There is some difference in opinions regarding whether they need uvb or heat bulbs. I do not use either. I strictly feed Pangea with insects. Make sure to get a variety of different Pangea though they like variety. I keep humidity between 50-90% and temps room temp. I do give them LEDs for 12hrs on and off for natural day/night cycle though.

Myself and @ashton0845 keep crested and other New Caledonian Geckos. They are relatively easy to keep and breed from my understanding. There is some difference in opinions regarding whether they need uvb or heat bulbs. I do not use either. I strictly feed Pangea with insects. Make sure to get a variety of different Pangea though they like variety. I keep humidity between 50-90% and temps room temp. I do give them LEDs for 12hrs on and off for natural day/night cycle though.
Is there any special enclosure requirements? Just feeding bowls.. some plants? I’m assuming they like to hide?

I was just about to make a post and read this. I dont have crested.....at the moment. haha. I just got a trio of gargoyle geckos though and have been really enjoying them. My daughter loves that she doesn't need to deal with insects.

We've got 3 Cresties... One large male in an 18x18x24 ExoTerra, Bioballs on bottom, screen, EcoEarth on that. 2 juvies in an 11x17x14 enclosure.. glass bottom, front & back - screen sides and top, same substrate. Lot's of fake plants, hiding spots, climbing areas.. Repashy Crested complete diet.. and crickets as a treat. Manually mist a few times a day and sometimes run a Repti-fogger.

They get pretty active at night and tend to be tough to find during the day.

Currently looking for a hearty breed-able Female for our big guy.

We try to take them out a couple times a week and they all seem to love pooping on the Mrs. (lol.. they know who feeds 'em!) After our move in Sept, going to work on getting live plants in there.

Tikisgeckos and Altitude Exotics have some really good youtube vids.

Got some pix in this post: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/best-forum-ive-ever-been-part-of.170526/post-1504154

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom