anyone ever hatch any ooths help if so

edward82

i bought 3 ooths from amazon.com and i have them i three different ten gallon fish tanks with tree limbs in their so when they do hatch they will have something to hang from thats if they do hatch lol...serioiusly ive had them in their for over 3 weeks and still dont see anything or any improvement..the humidity stays between 60 and 70 and the temp in the room is always 75 to 80...is their any thing i can look for to know that i will eventually have baby mantids or what ..im kind of thinking maybe they have done hatched last year or something before i got them..please any hints or helpfull knowledge will be greatly appreciated ..please thanks if you share info with me.:confused:

don't give up on them- I had one hatch yesterday that I thought for sure was a dud - I was going to strip cages today, and had it not hatched yesterday, it would have been in the trash today :eek:

I keep my ooths in a tall deli cup. I put them on a little stick up near the top so when they hatch the babies can drop down. I give them a little light mist just about everyday and keep them on top of the frig. Where it's warm. Be sure to have tons of fruit flies and pinheads for when they do hatch.

yea i have a bunch of pin heads but i keep haven to feed them to my cham and beardie before i can feed them to the mantids lol...the person i bought the ooths from told me i would have baby mantids in two weeks of 70 degrees temp and im going on my fourth week now does anyone know how long it will take 4 weeks 8 weeks or whats to long 1 year lol ect

yea i have a bunch of pin heads but i keep haven to feed them to my cham and beardie before i can feed them to the mantids lol...the person i bought the ooths from told me i would have baby mantids in two weeks of 70 degrees temp and im going on my fourth week now

70 on the low night time temp. You want to up heat (80-95 daytime temp) and up humidity to get things hatching.

Back
Top Bottom