Any tips on making a chameleon not bite you?

Mxstical

Lately my chameleon Kraken has been biting me more and more, I think he just doesn't really like me that much sometimes. But its really weird how when I have him in the car, with tons of normal sun instead of artificial, he gets so happy and climbs everywhere, Like in the car I have never seen him so happy. But in his cage he is also happy because he is in his own area, but sometimes when I get him out and hold him at moments he just really doesn't like me and bites me, I try and make sure not to make eye contact though because He REALLY hates eye contact with legit everything in him. He is a pretty chill chameleon in his cage, but the process of getting him out makes him so pissed. But when I do get him out and put him on my head, he relaxes and chills. He is just really confusing at moments, he sends a lot of mixed signals.

He is telling you in no uncertain terms that you are overstepping your boundary with him and likely breaking his trust. He is acting like he doesn't like you because he doesn't like how you are treating him. If he is biting you, then he is saying that he needs space. Let him come to you if he wants. If not, don't force him to come out if it is so stressful for him.

He gets calm once he's out because he is no longer in his territory and he doesn't feel comfortable enough to assert himself. Even the most aggressive chams sometimes go docile when brought outside the cage, but that should not be mistaken for enjoying the experience

He is telling you in no uncertain terms that you are overstepping your boundary with him and likely breaking his trust. He is acting like he doesn't like you because he doesn't like how you are treating him. If he is biting you, then he is saying that he needs space. Let him come to you if he wants. If not, don't force him to come out if it is so stressful for him.

He gets calm once he's out because he is no longer in his territory and he doesn't feel comfortable enough to assert himself. Even the most aggressive chams sometimes go docile when brought outside the cage, but that should not be mistaken for enjoying the experience
Got it. Thank you so much for educating me more on his territory. Thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom