Any one else HATE UPS??

lolaandlucy

I ordered a veiled from FLChams and I Posted the below statements in my last post but I think this deserves its own thread. It was posted under I'm so Excited!! I hope its ok to do this it's just that I'm Sooooo MAD!

She arrived this morning alive thank god due to FLChams packaging.

UPS on the other hand those A@#%$@ drivers almost killed her!!!

My husband and I started are listening for the knock on the door around 9:30am instead luckily my husband heard the UPS the truck pull up at 9:40am the driver didn't even come up on the porch, by the time my husband got to the front door unlocked it and opened it he heard the box hit the porch and slide the driver was back in his truck and pulling away!!

So either the driver slid the poor little thing about 16ft across the porch or tossed my sweet baby over the railing!!!!!! And its only around 35 degrees here in PA in the morning and he didn't even Knock if we didn't HEAR the package she could have been outside FREEZING for 20 mins before I opened the door to wait for delivery at 10 am!!

But she warmed up quick and was alert and moving and good colored and she ate 2 crickets around 2pm and drank about 4:30pm so I think she survived that terrible ordeal. She looks amazing except a small burn at the very tip of her tail.

So overall FLChams did their job BUT I WOULDN'T TRUST MY CRICKETS WITH UPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else with a shipping horror story?

Anyone else with a shipping horror story?

I've had UPS lose everything from a $600 camera to an entire kitchen cabinet.

My shipping horror story took place last week. My new chameleon Neptune was shipped overnight via UPS, and he was supposed to be held for pickup. I went to pick him up and they had lost him. I waited and waited and they couldn't find him. Then all the sudden they called two days after he was shipped and said that they had it marked that I wasn't coming to pick up the package until the end of October. Luckily he was fine but I shudder to think what could have happened.

I've had horror stories with FedEx as well, though. Mulberry Farms shipped me a huge feeder order and the whole thing was DOA because they did not hold it for pickup like they were supposed to and it sat outside in extreme temperatures all day.

I had a big box with about $1,000+ worth of sneakers in it (Used to collect shoes), Shipped it from NYC to my home and never got it...

So yes, UPS sucks!

Kinda deserved it since i said the box was only worth $20 bucks for insurance and I didn't require a signature...Lesson learned :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the box fell and broke open, shipping & receiving seen it and just took the entire box. Happens all the time, I know this because i have friends that work for FedEx, and this goes down all the time...

Post office took six days to deliver a 2-3 day priority mail of 500 dubia. More then half died.

Not as terrible as your stories, but still pretty grumpy bout it. :/

I have never had a chameleon or feeders shipped to me before.

However, I worked for Newegg for two years and the number of complaints from UPS to FedEx were about 10:1. This experience in customer service taught me to always choose something besides UPS if available. Computer and electronic devices are very fragile, but not half as much as a precious young cham, who only KNOWS what's happening to it during shipping!

With that said, I have had many non-living UPS packages arrive at my house without any problems. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that my UPS driver has been on this same route for the last 15 years (seriously, I remember him yelling at me as a kid to not chase a ball into the street), so maybe he likes to take care of his peeps more than noobies.

After reading the horror stories on here, I am only glad that they seem to have ended better than what potentially could have happened. If I overlooked a post with a tragic ending, I am sorry and I would contact the courier ASAP.

Shipping may be necessary for some folk, but I have always preferred to purchase local. I am picking up a veiled chameleon tomorrow from a local breeder that I was lucky enough to stumble upon and I couldn't be happier!

Well, take care and I hope I could be of some help... My experience answering many customer complaints a day, I was quick to realize that there are some fundamental differences between FedEx and UPS.

Good luck!

These stories are the reason i use SYR They use fedX and have correct live reptile lables to put on the package.We are 100% live arival for the last 3yrs....Like dad said......."you get what you pay for"

fed ex is bad too...i think it all depends on the driver...i had a driver toss the box with my cham in it in the air and catch it like it was some random package...i was sooooo pissed...not to mention they were like almost 2 hours late...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:..oh yeah yes the box did a couple of flips...

usually fedex is good, but lately they have been awful as well. Even with packages properly marked fragile, live reptile I have had packages not come until the end of the day, and the last one the driver dropped on the concrete stairs and got back in her van, no knock or doorbell. Good thing I was waiting all day for the van because it was cold out and that poor pygmy could have been injured or died.

I really think it depends on location.

I get deliveries nearly every day from USP, FedEx, and USPS.

Almost never have any trouble with UPS or FedEx, but plenty of trouble with USPS Priority.

Some ppl do have problems with either UPS or Fedex, so I think it depends on where you are.

Back
Top Bottom