Any idea of age?

Skyebound

Hi all,

I am the proud owner of what I believe to be a male veiled for about a week and a half now. After finding this forums I have realized a lot of things I need to "fix."

However at the moment he seems happy and healthy, but I am wondering if anyone might be able to give my an approximate age for him.

;)
IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

what a cute little boy you have. but for age id say he is probably around 7-8 months old probably 9. they are awesome and i love their don't mess with me additude. also make sure to get a big cage for him 2-2-4 foot will be somewhat big enough my male el grumpo is huge so i gotta get a bigger one for him due to the fact i can't free range him everyday. any more questions just ask

Welcome to the Forum!

I have no idea on age sorry but someone will be along and be able to help you.

If you are not sure if a male or not look at his back feet and where his "mitts" separate- you will see a bump that looks like a heel -AKA spur.

No spur -female.

Which ever they are looks like they just shed and is being a cutie :) Does your buddy have a name yet?

Here is a care sheet for you-
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/chameleonsinmyhouse/395-veiled-chameleon-care-sheet.html

happy reading!

I'd say he is about 3-4 months old. Mine is almost 4 months old in December and looks identical to that one in terms of the colors they are showing and the size of their casque. Thats my best guess, it might be even a lil older since mine is quite the porker.

Best of luck.

He is certainly a male Veiled Chameleon! Congrats on your new little critter and it's very good of you to ask for help and see what needs to be done instead of letting it live in an aquarium with a frog or something...

It is hard to say it's definite age, especially on reptiles and many other things. Not knowing it's hatch date/month or any other lineage we won't know for certain. It's just a guess, but I would say somewhere between 6-9 months of age, just from the colorings and the size.

I'd say he is about 3-4 months old. Mine is almost 4 months old in December and looks identical to that one in terms of the colors they are showing and the size of their casque. Thats my best guess, it might be even a lil older since mine is quite the porker.

Best of luck.

a 3-4 month old will have hardly and coloring.

Thanks for the general age range. He does not have a name yet...one hasn't come to me yet. As for shedding he shed almost right after I got him.

also when he doo doo's take the sample to a trusted reptile vet. to make sure he doesnt have any parasites. this should only run about 20-30 at the most.

I got him at Petco here in NW Arkansas. Thanks for the heads up about checking for parasites. I think I found a vet nearby that will deal with reptiles.

it really does depend, ive seen 4 monthes old that big and even some 8 monthes old that big, my experiance with pet co is bad conditions, so i would guess on the higher range of that scale, maybe 6 monthes or more

Back
Top Bottom